account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia M Going To Get Android 4.4 Kitkat Soon

Highlighted
Talent
Message 21 of 163
Message 21 of 163

Re: Sony Xperia M Going To Get Android 4.4 Kitkat Soon

Once u people have 4.4, I guarantee, you will whine about not having 4.4.4
Can't understand u people sometimes lol
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 22 of 163
Message 22 of 163

Today I checked the website of the Sony Xperia Sony model M in English and found that there already is listed as 4.3 Jelly Bean is the latest version really is a shame Sony does not listen to its customers until the Xperia E1 which is a low end device is kit kat and getting the Xperia M is not. I swear Sony devices never completely dissatisfied. 

Latest version

Android 4.3 (Jelly Bean)

2014-03

Highlighted
Talent
Message 23 of 163
Message 23 of 163

Why not do something useful other than whining about no update. It's like the updates are key to your survival .-.
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 24 of 163
Message 24 of 163

@Andy9879

Andy I'm sorry but you do not know the true meaning of the importance of updates. It really is not important to my survival is more important for the survival of the device, when Google releases a new Android update is not only to implement new features and function things and even to have the new version installed is also to fix bugs and errors in the system thus preventing the malfunction of the device. So this is the real importance of Google releasing new versions of Android beyond leaving the fastest device, with new features and functions and optimize the software also fix serious bugs and security holes that may damage your phone if Google does not need to introduce new versions of Android could stagnate and leave Android in a single version for all devices.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 25 of 163
Message 25 of 163

Hello Andy I'm sorry but you do not understand the true meaning of the word update. The update not only serves to leave the device in the latest version, nor is not necessary for my survival, but it is necessary for the survival of your device. launches along with system updates and bug fixes bugs and flaws that can cause a hacker can gain access to your data, and improve the device implementing new features, allowing faster, and improving software errors in general . So  releases multiple versions of Android so that bugs and errors can be corrected. If not, there would be no need for  to release multiple versions of Android and Android would be stagnant with a single version. Hence the importance of getting the android kit kat for our device. Sony stop deleting my post

Highlighted
Talent
Message 26 of 163
Message 26 of 163

My Xperia J runs very fine without update. It survives for quite a long time and still able to perform it's "best" (for a Snapdragon S1). Hackers gaining access is very very less often to happen, and most of the time, is caused by the user's own mistake - connecting into an unknown network and do stuff. My Xperia J android version is already stagnant. This device got updated quite a lot. Bugs - very less. Kitkat - can wait. Sign in petition - stupid and pointless. I feel stupid for writing this. And hated. Let ze hate flow in. Gjnvfssdghkloljgcderhhvgdgjnvddjjncdyiloitdvn bye.
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 27 of 163
Message 27 of 163

Hope this time can fix the locking bug and the restart problem when choosing sogou pinyin as input...Slightly smiling Face
Highlighted
One time poster
Message 28 of 163
Message 28 of 163

I don't expect Sony to update Xperia M/M dual to kitkat.I just expect them to add "move to SD" for apps as they did in Xperia T2 Ultra's last update.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 29 of 163
Message 29 of 163

when u releasing android 4.4 for sony xperia m dual????plz tell me the realese date as soon as possible...plzzzz

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 30 of 163
Message 30 of 163

XPERIA M WILL NOT HAVE KITKAT - END !!! Slightly smiling Face