account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia M Going To Get Android 4.4 Kitkat Soon

Highlighted
Message 11 of 163
Message 11 of 163

Re: Sony Xperia M Going To Get Android 4.4 Kitkat Soon

No Sony except Xperia C cannot move apps to SD ( newer devices).

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 12 of 163
Message 12 of 163

thank you for the update of 4.4.2 Sony Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Adept
Message 13 of 163
Message 13 of 163

When Kitkat update released?
Highlighted
Learner
Message 14 of 163
Message 14 of 163

its shame on sony keeps on updating high end phones how about budget phones like M,L.xperia Z,ZL,ZR have tasted all versions of android right from 4,1 to 4.4.2 but L,M have stuck at 4.2 and4.3 why dont u upgrade these to 4.4 shame on u my next phone wouldn't be from sony its gonna be either motorola or LG.I insist all users to avoid buying sony mobiles waste of time and money

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 15 of 163
Message 15 of 163

Re: 4.4

Yeah dude even Nokia is far more better than Sony when it comes to software updates
Highlighted
Learner
Message 16 of 163
Message 16 of 163

Upgrade 4.4 kitkat on xperia M

Can i expect any answer from SONY about above Subject?

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 17 of 163
Message 17 of 163

How you can say this is 100% correct?
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 18 of 163
Message 18 of 163

Only users like us are thinking about updates to 4.4, but Sony is just thinking about how to make money  Slightly smiling Face 

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 19 of 163
Message 19 of 163

@gsirsi wrote:

Only users like us are thinking about updates to 4.4, but Sony is just thinking about how to make money  Slightly smiling Face 

Yes but I know that if they don't update this phone when it has 6 months left on its software support lifespan and kitkat was released last year and lollipop is shortly being released, I won't be trusting Sony in the future and won't be buying any of their products again so making money is long term as well as short term

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 20 of 163
Message 20 of 163

It is official, Xperia M will NOT get Android 4.4

I recently contacted some Sony officials about future or current plans for upgrading Xperia M to KitKat, and this was their answer:

"We can advise that at this current moment in time there are no plans to have the 4.4 operating system rolled out for the Xperia M handset. We hope this information helps you further."

Slightly frowning Face