account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sony Xperia J, Camera and flash stopped working in just 6 month, auto restart

Highlighted
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Sony Xperia J, Camera and flash stopped working in just 6 month, auto restart

After 6 month from purchasing, My sony xperia is started giving problems:-

1) Camera and flash both are not working, "Camera stopped working", Tested by Xperia diagnosis app also

2) Phone suddenly restarts in between

3) Battery automatically get discharged from 90% to 5% in just 2 hrs

I tried factory restore...I had latest version of android...nothing is working... Slightly frowning Face

Anyone is having the same problems?? any suggestion?

2 REPLIES 2
Demigod
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sony Xperia J, Camera and flash stopped working in just 6 month, auto restart

Did issue appeared after a software/firmware update?
Did you try a firmware repair with Sony PC Companion?

If yes and issue is the same in factory condition without any app installed probabily there is a motherboard issue.

So i suggest to go to a Sony service center

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you are satisfied with a response don't forget to give Kudos
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sony Xperia J, Camera and flash stopped working in just 6 month, auto restart

No updates were been performed...

I tried factory reset and everything.. Finally went to Xperia Care....

After 2 days, I received the call saying that "this will not be covered under warranty bacause we have seen water drops inside"

Cost : 8000+

I was having this problem ("Camera not available") from long back....just afer 1 month after owning mobile...

Dont know..about Sony's Hardware...but they found good reason for their bad design/bad hardware...

Search on google.....u will found 1/10 xperia mobile having the same problem...