account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia Icon disappear resolved

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Sony Xperia Icon disappear resolved

I was facing issue about apps in menu keep disappearing after a restart - solution I found or let's just say working on my e4 is - do the back n forth your application from internal memory to SD card through settings -> Application option only
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sony Xperia Icon disappear resolved

@ZNDCN

Could you elaborate, which Xperia Icon are you referring to?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I am talking about the application you installed, in my Xperia E4 for some reason if I restart the phone or switch sim cards or take out SD card - installed application icons disappeared - if someone having same issue this is the solution working for me
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@ZNDCN

That's how Android handle apps to SD cards, whenever you remove / unmount the SD card, you will experience this. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
fst
One time poster
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Xperia E3/Android 4.4.4: Apps disappear after restart

Dear all,

the reason why I open a new thread after reviewing Sony Xperia Icon disappear resolved  is as follows:

My icons of apps moved to SD also disappear after a restart even if I just use (only) Settings -> Apps to move them from the phone to the SD card (as I use the German interface, this translation and the following ones might not be the same ones displayed in the English user interface).

I also found out, that, when opening Google Play and searching for an app who is no longer available on the Xperia after a restart, the app is dislayed as "Installed" and when clicking on it, therre are two more options: Uninstall and Open (!).

Clicking on Open starts the app (!) with all settings being intact (preferences, logins etc.). Therefore, obviously only some link or entry in Androids database is lost. It is a little bit strange that whatever kind of search you make on the smartphone (Search for app, listing of installed apps in Settings --> Apps etc. pp.), not a single one retrieves the app but Google Play can start it.

Is there a fix or maybe a tool on the horizon to fix this or, if necessary, at least an app that makes these apps visible again? Deinstalling, reinstalling and rearranging icons each time the battery went too low is not only annoying, it is not really an option.

Kind regards,

Franz