account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Video Unlimited no HD playback for Xperia Z2

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Sony Video Unlimited no HD playback for Xperia Z2

Hello Sony,

When will Sony Xperia Z2 owners be able to watch purchased movies through Sony Video Unlimited in HD on their devices?? Currently HD movies purchased will only play in HD on the Playstation console and SD on mobile devices, I think given that the Xperia Z2 can support huge external storage cards that we should be able to be given the HD option, as well as that we have a Full HD screen display.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Unable to re-stream movies from my Sony Video Unlimited account on my Z2

I have recently purchased a Sony Xperia Z2 which I had the complimentary 6 movies when purchasing the device, I was able to stream and/or download the movies in the Sony Movies app. However I have exchanged that Z2 for another Z2 as the first one had a defect and now I can't stream those movies on this device, they all show up but the app only gives me the option to "Download" them. I have authorized playback on the device and still the movies won't stream.

I saw this on the SEN support page however I have emailed the provided address but have got no response yet

"Purchases:

If you need to re-download/re-stream your content and you have replaced your device you may find that these methods do not work. If this is the case,contact us for further assistance." email: "SonyEntertainment.UK@eu.sony.com"

url "http://en.support.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/132"

Is there anyone that experienced this and/or found a way to solve this issue??

Thanks
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Unable to re-stream movies from my Sony Video Unlimited account on my Z2

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

That is odd, however as it is tied to your SEN account, they would be the ones most likely to able to assit you in resolving this sorry.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi there, I had the same problem, this is what I sent Sony:

"

Hi there, I recently got a Sony Xperia Z2 on the O2 network and I got 6 free movies. I've redeemed the voucher code on the Xperia Lounge and now all 6 films show up on my phone under the movies app. When I click on any of the movies it says play, stream or download and yet all three options don't work. I can't download them or play them. It just says "Service unavailable". I've given it some time over the past week and kept trying but still to no avail. Please can you fix this problem as it must be effecting a lot of other customers too and can you tell me if there's any other way I could download them like through my PC at home? I'd really appreciate this and good job with the phone, I really love it, it's a massive upgrade from my previous phone which was an S3.

Thanks in advance."

And this is what they said:

"

Dear Sir/Madam 

Thank you for contacting Sony Entertainment Network.

We are sorry to read of the issue you are encountering with the free movies on your account.

I can confirm that I re-allowed the download of these movies and you should be able to view them without any issues.

Unfortunately, you cannot transfer the movies to your PC, you can only view them on you Xperia phone.

For any further inquiries related to Sony Entertainment Network, please feel free to reply to this e-mail or contact us on 0844 369 0108 (Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm). "

I then tried to download all 6 movies and all 6 downloaded fine, you have to have wifi on to download them too Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Hello SkScotchegg

I decided to call the Sony Entertainment Network support helpline, they pretty much said as I started playing them on my first Z2 that now it can only be downloaded on my current one as the 6 free movie offer was activated and played with the first device. However they have removed my first device on the activated mobile device list on my SEN account, but for the 6 movies i will not be able to stream over wifi but instead will have to be stuck with downloading them (I personally prefer streaming if I am watching them in my house and I'm waiting for a new higher capacity micro sd card so then this wouldn't be an issue).

Any new movie purchases should stream fine on this device as they will be fresh on this activated device to stream and/or download.

If you want them on PC, then you should use Sony Media Go, on there you can sign in to your SEN account and it will show all the movies tied to your account in download queue which you can download on to your PC and view them and/or even connect your Xperia device and transfer them on to the mobile and play.

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I have purchased a new movie on my device and i still don't get the option to play/stream the movie, I am connected to WiFi, the only option i get is to download the movie

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

This issue has now been fixed by Sony Support Team, they have reset the movies linked to my SEN account so I was able to do a fresh download/stream again of the movies which now works perfect as intended.

Thank you Sony