account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony UK repair time.

Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Sony UK repair time.

Hi, Has anyone else sent their device off to Sony for repair? I sent my tablet Z on Monday 2nd Feb 2015. Now its Sunday 8th. All the information I have read is on the site that states 5 - 7 days. But I have not any feedback from Sony at all. I don't even know if Sony has the tablet or even if they are fixing it. I've sent other items to different companies and you always get a message saying the device has been received and when the device is on its way back. With Sony I've had nothing at all.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sony UK repair time.

That's a complicated question, lets just leave it as each user is different and with some it might take a week and others 2 or 3 or more weeks, contact your local Xperia Care regarding timming 

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

All I can say is that UK consumer law gives 30 days in which the company has to effect repairs from the date it receives it - This has been deemed a reasonable amount of time

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

I phoned Sony in the end and they said they posted me a letter saying they got the tablet. I still haven't got it. They then told me they were awaiting parts to repair my tablet. Then on Friday 13th Feb a Royal Mail van came to my house and delivered me my repaired tablet. Luckily as I pulled up in my car the van was there. I just wish Sony were better with their communication as they told me nothing.
Highlighted
Forum Legend
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

How long did they have it for repairs - Was it less than 30 days?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.   Richard P. Feynman

Highlighted
Adept
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

As the OP said he sent it on the 2nd of feb and got it back from repair on the 13th, I make that 11 days.