account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony T3 separate folders in camera mode and a freezing problem in Walkman mode

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Sony T3 separate folders in camera mode and a freezing problem in Walkman mode

Hello!

I encountered a terrible problem with my Xperia Sony T3.

When I choose manual mode for photo it saves my photos in one folder by different names and that's ok.

When I turn on camera again it chooses "Superior auto " itself without my confirmation and when I took photos

it saves them in BURST folder in different folders by the same names "DSC0000..1.jpg". When I open the BURST folder I find that each photo is saved in a separate folder and have the SAME NAME!

I had to open each folder and rename each photo and then drag each photo to a new folder on PC to store them there.

That's really inconvenient and awful! I never thought that I can encounter such problems with Sony products,

Is there a way to solve this trouble?

I tried to restore factory settings the smartphone, but the problem was not solved.

The second trouble with the product is when I listen to different music in Walkman mode it freezes suddenly sometimes for about 10 seconds and continue to play the track. That's also frustrating! Is there a way to solve this problem?? After the Walkman application was updated the problem was not solved. Can you release an update or something with all improvements to fix all the glitches ?

Regards,

Dima

9 REPLIES 9
Emperor
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Sony T3 separate folders in camera mode and a freezing problem in Walkman mode

@Numios

Are you referring to "time shift" ? 

where are the music files stored?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

Re: Sony T3 separate folders in camera mode and a freezing problem in Walkman mode

tU2rTLSciTY.jpg

I marked the modes I use only. I never use Timeshift.

and the files are stored here:

izpo6XAl-Tw.jpg

Emperor
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

@Numios

Are you long pressing the camera button or tapping fast on the shutter to take picture after picture?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Hi! I take photos by tapping normaly - one tap on screen or the button

Emperor
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

@Numios

only few pictures appear on that folder or all the pictures?

Apprentice
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

Hi ! each photo is saved in a separate folder and all folders are saved the main folder "BURST"

you get into the "BURST" folder and see folders like: 20160731120741819, 20160731120741819, 20160731120840773, 20160731120935024, etc., there are as many folders as you took photos by taping the button or screen! When you enter each folder you see a photo with the same name "DSC_000001.JPG" ! Perfect, isn't?

Emperor
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

@Numios

Do you have a clean sweaper, cache cleaning, antivirus apps? 

also

settings > apps > all > camera > clear data > restart the phone > boot in >>> safe mode > test it again

Apprentice
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Hi! thank you very much for your instuctions! they solved the problem momentarily!

I did everything as you said and the camera works fine now! Also I deleted "CCleaner " application

because I guess it could be harmful to the Camera app and it maybe deleted some system files

and all went wrong after this with the Camera app! I never use Antivirus, but I used CCleaner app frequently before.

I cleared data of Walkman application in the same way as the Camera app, but it did not solve the freezing problem!

I tired other audio players from the Google Play, but the problem with the freezing occurs when I use them too,

Regards,

Dima

Emperor
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

@Numios

If it worked then its probably a third party causing this problems and/or lack of free internal memory.