account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Refuses to Repair my phone!

Visitor
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

Sony Refuses to Repair my phone!

So its been almost 3 months that I am running from one service center to the other and SONY EGYPT refuses to take my phone for repair. 

Here is the brief story: My sony xperia compact z1 fell and it wont turn-on anymore. I went to the certified sony store in Egypt and they refuse to take my phone because when i bought my phone i tore and threw away the imei label which was underneath the sim card slot. I emailed the regional office in DUBAI and after 5 or 6 emails in the span of 2 weeks they referred me to go back to the service center in Egypt!!

I cant have my phone fixed at the service center in Egypt because the imie plastic label is torn, and they cant verify it from the settings because my phone cant be turned on. THEY REFUSED TO TAKE IT even though i showed them the imie label which is on the box that it came in. 

It has been over a month and i still cant solve this problem. 

I have also tried everything relatd to troubleshooting a phone that cant be turned on, still nothing works. 

I bought the phone from california but i live in Cairo, Egypt now. 

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS, I HAVE ALL MY ELECTRONICS FROM SONY!!!! WHAT A TERRIBLE SERVICE I AM RECEIVING HERE!!!

12 REPLIES 12
Emperor
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: Sony Refuses to Repair my phone!

I'm sorry to hear that, perhaps @Rickard could comment on this

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

try to force it by Using the power button and volume up 

also try to repair your software if it is not working with through a pc application call PC Companion that you can download if from sonymobile.com

and let me tell that they can fix it but you have to pay

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

I tried everything I found on this forum. Even when I connect the device to a computer, the pc doesn't recognize it. It is compeletly turned off and does not respond to anything.

I DONT MIND PAYING... THE PROBLEM HERE IS THAT SONY REFUSES TO TAKE MY PHONE FOR REPAIR BECAUSE I TORE OFF THE IMEI PLASTIC LABEL!!!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having issues getting your phone repaired.

As warranty and service is handled at a local level by your local support team i'm afraid there's nothing i can do from here. I recommend that you contact your local support team instead of the service location or regional office to see if they can assist you in any way.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

you are reffering me to the same customer service center who refuse to repair my phone. 

I honestly reached a deadlock with all my attempts. How can I escalate this situation? Is there are anyone else in SONY HQ regional offices who can help with this issue?

I can't even sell this phone, it is a peace of dead metal now!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Sorry to hear that but are you sure that you've been in contact with your local Sony Xperia support? I checked our system and there are no emails from the email address you use here on the forum. I'm afraid i'm not sure what what you mean by "regional office" that you've sent emails to but the ones that may be able to help you or escalate this is your local Sony Xperia support.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

I used a different email in corresspondance with the xperia support center. how can I send you the email in a private message?

Visitor
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

the service request no. is 

1-18196235056

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

I've checked your case and the issue is not only that the IMEI label is missing i'm afraid. Your phone has also been opened by a non-authorized dealer or service location. We will not repair phones that have been opened by a non-authorized dealer or service location in the country i'm in either.