account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony M4 Aqua Reboots evey 20 Minutes

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Sony M4 Aqua Reboots evey 20 Minutes

Hello,

I purchased my phone in October 2015. The first thing it did was lock up duing setting-up and I had to press the tiny button next to the SD card to switch it off and start again. Every time I pick it up to use it, I have to wait for it to finish rebooting. I reset the phone to factory setting and updated everything again, but it continues to reboot.

I sent it back to Sony Care and they reinstalled the software and I set it up again from scratch. It rebboted again twice in the middle of installing the updates. The System Incidents counter now reads 290. Because it is rebboting all the time, the battery runs down in a day.

I am not happy with my phone and I am pleased to have this forum to vent my anger. I think that there must be some hardware problem, as reloading the software twice has made not difference at all.

Sony Care should have tested the phone properly before returning it to me. 

I don't really have a question; I just wanted to get it off my chest!!!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sony M4 Aqua Reboots evey 20 Minutes

Have you sent the phone back to the repair centre?  Did you indicate to them it was probably hardware issues?

The motherboard probably needs to be replaced; they could have sent you a new replacement phone.