account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony EC21 magnetic charging cable fits Xperia Z3??

Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Sony EC21 magnetic charging cable fits Xperia Z3??

Hello forum, 

I have this question regarding if the magnetic Sony EC21 cable (pictures attached) will fit my Xperia Z3 since this cable is inside the DK31 dock that was designed for the Xperia Z1.

I am willing to buy the DK31 dock just for the cable as long as the EC21 cable fits the Z3.

Any thoughts??

Ricardo 

Please see the following link to see what I mean:

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/09/24/sonys-dk30dk31-charging-dock-can-be-hacked-to-use-the-magnetic-...

Sony-EC21-Charging-Cable-with-Magnetic-Connector_3.jpgSony-EC21-Charging-Cable-with-Magnetic-Connector_2.jpgSony-EC21-Charging-Cable-with-Magnetic-Connector_1.jpg

Ricardo
4 REPLIES 4
Genius
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Sony EC21 magnetic charging cable fits Xperia Z3??

Hi @ricardoibarra

I suggest you ask xperia care in this case:

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

I´m at disposal for any question.

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas
Emperor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

@ricardoibarra

Yes it does.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

So the size of the magnetic receiving end of the Z3 is the same as the Z1 and Z2 for that matter??

Ricardo 

Ricardo
Highlighted
Emperor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@ricardoibarra

that's correct, you can use the same dock, the cable its the same. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)