account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony Bridge for Mac error transferring to Xperia SL and Tablet Z

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Sony Bridge for Mac error transferring to Xperia SL and Tablet Z

Hi Sony

I am a owner of a Xperia SL (LT26ii) and so far I've had ups and downs with the phone as it has been lacking a lot in periods.

This is however not my concern as I am having issues tranferring music via Sony Bridge for Mac (I'm a mac owner). 

When connecting my Xperia SL to Sony Bridge it detects the phone and I can check a playlist, the tracks are stacked and ready for transfer. When I click SYNC, Sony Bridge does as told and sync however only somewhat 50% of the playlist.

When I click the playlist again it checks of the missing tracks but only for one second, They consistently disappear from "the stack" from here on now. 

I have observed the process of each individual track as it syncs and I can see SB4M leaves the track after trying to tranfer. 

I have to mention these tracks have been on my phone before and some of these already exists on the phone. These is not tracks with DRM protection.
This is a playlist I am trying to transfer onto my phone.
Accidently Sony Bridge for Mac crashes on random occasions when this happens.

It is worth mentioning I also have (an incredible) Tablet Z and I experience the same issues doing the same action, with the same playlist.  
I am using Sony Bridge version 3.5(3503) 

Sony Xperia w. Android 4.1.2
build number: 6.2.B.1.96
Kernel version: 3.4.0+1.0.21100-313065-g1ccebb5-00193-gcbc50fc
BuildUser@BuildHost) )
#1 SMP PREEMPT Tue Jul 23 15:55:38 2013
Serial Number: BX903DGWRH

Please Help or develop an update on this issue. The threads I have been looking at are approximately one year old. 
Kind regards
Christian

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Sony Bridge for Mac error transferring to Xperia SL and Tablet Z

That sounds strange. Does it happen with more playlists or is it with one specific playlist that this happens?

Can you see anything different with the tracks that are not transferred like special characters in the name or something like that?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.