account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Some sensors not working, urgent help needed...

Learner
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Some sensors not working, urgent help needed...

Suddenly my Xperia SP sensors (accelerometer, gyroscope, gravity sensor, linear sensor, rotation sensor) stopped working. Only proximity and sound sensors are working. I have tried updating the software, hard resetting the phone and calibrating the sensors, but nothing helped. Android market apps like androsense are detecting these sensors but are showing no activity due to these sensors. I don't want to send my 5 week old phone to service centre, please need urgent help.

8 REPLIES 8
Emperor
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Some sensors not working, urgent help needed...

Take it to a Sony repair center 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

Are you sure it is a hardware problem?

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Turn phone off and on. If this didn't help, do factory reset. Attention, it deletes all user data and sets all settings to default !!! So backup all your important data as phonebook etc.

If this didn't help, send phone to service center, no other option exist...

Emperor
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Try this

backup everything on your PC then

connect your phone to a wall charger > press and hold power & volume up until it vibrates THREE TIMES > it will take quite a bit of time for it to restart 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

Last day I flashed my phone with 4.1.284 firmware and guess what sensors started working but when I updated my phone to 4.2.254 version using PC companion then again they stopped responding and now even proximity sensor is not working. Slightly frowning Face

Emperor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Take your phone to a Sony repair center

Learner
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I was busy for some time and with passing time problems became worse. Now no sensor is working, fast battery drain(80% in 6 hours), phone not starting after sleep (automatic screen switch off) and need to be hard reset to switch it  on again. 3 days ago gave it to Sony service centre but even after 3 days they have not  informed me about phone. I don't know what they are doing with my phone and when I will get it back. This is my last Sony phone definitely(I have used Sony cyber shot C5302 previously)

Smiling Face with Horns

Highlighted
Genius
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

It went for bad to worse eh?Sorry for that.Anyway,have you tried fixing it using SUS(Sony Update Service).You may require to download a massive amount of data to fix your phone,but thats better than bringing it to Sony Repair Center,right?

Link for Sony Update Service(Where you can fix software related problems):

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

AlwaysHereToHelp #ThankYouKobe24