Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2012-07-03 10:13 AM
I solved this problem with a Stock ROM from the following website.
Updater software from http://androxyde.github.com/
Note 1: I don't know about the warranty terms against updating firmware from third party sources.
Note 2. This method may erase Contact details, Account login info, Apps/Games and user files!
1. Download the ST25_6.0.B.1.564.zip from the above mentioned http://www.xdafileserver.nl website.
2. Download Flashtool from http://androxyde.github.com/ (Installation page). Install this tool and install "v0.8.6.0 from the same page".
3. Extract the downloaded file "ST25_6.0.B.1.564.zip". You will get "ST25_6.1.B.0.564_Generic.ftf".
4. Copy this "ST25_6.1.B.0.564_Generic.ftf" file to "C:\Flashtool\firmwares" Folder.
5. Open the flashtool. Hit the Lightning icon. From the popup mode selector, select "Flashmod".
6. From the window opened, select "ST25" in select a firmware list. Now the second coloumn shows 11 .sin files. Don't touch anything.
7. From the third coloumn, under Misc section TICK the "No final verification" option.
8. Hit the OK button. Remove the USB cable from Xperia U Mobile. Connect the USB Cable to computer.
9. Swith off your mobile. wait for 30 seconds. Press and hold the Volume down button and connect the USB cable to Xperia U.
10. If any prompt poped up, Hit OK. Wait for some mins to complete.
11. After the completion of firmware update, FLASH TOOL Screen will show "Disconnect the mobile". Then remove the USB, Switch on the mobile. It will take some longer time to boot.
12. Now you are with the older firmware. No network issue. It worked for me.
2012-07-03 10:29 AM
This sounds so good ... Thanks Kumar.GS and guess you are not from sony ...
but this looks scary to do for a non expert user like me .. nevertheless i shall ask and follow the same.
thanks a lot .....
only a customer who is facing the issue could understand and spent so much time to get the resolution.
2012-07-03 10:32 AM
You may need Admin rights if you are using Windows7.
1. Open the Start Menu.In the Start Menu search box area type cmd, then right click on cmd.exe (at top), and click on Run as administrator.
2.In the command prompt, copy and paste the command below and press Enter.
net user administrator /active:yes
3. Log off, and you will now see the built-in Administrator account log on icon added (enabled) at the log on screen.
2012-07-03 10:36 AM
Well. I'm not from sony. Just a victim of buggy update.
Users can try at their own risk. Nobody can take response for any damage that may occur by using this method!
2012-07-03 11:48 AM
This will definately void any warranties and this will not work for me as I have a LT27i. Facing the same problem, no settings metioned in various threads helped. This is still a issue for me.
2012-07-03 12:53 PM
Firmware for Xperia Sola is here (some users said that this is a chinese version)
Message was edited by: Kumar.GS
2012-07-03 02:42 PM
Well good job GS. Unlucky that you faced this problem. I am bookmarking this thread for help if i face this in future. Careful of the warranty though. Arnab.
2012-07-03 06:38 PM
Kumar great you found this ! A relief to desparate people who want to downgrade !
But can you tell me if you have observed any improvement in B.3.162 ? especially i want to know if volume problem is solved ?
2012-07-04 04:30 PM
Thanx Kumar ! I saved these things in my PC to protect me from future surprises by Sony Developers