account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Solution : Network Signal goes OFF frequently after the update 6.0.B.3.162

Visitor
Message 1 of 41
Message 1 of 41

Solution : Network Signal goes OFF frequently after the update 6.0.B.3.162

I solved this problem with a Stock ROM from the following website.

http://www.xdafileserver.nl/index.php?dir=Sony+%28Ericsson%29%2FSE+Xperia+U+%28LT25i%29%2FSTOCK+ROMS

Updater software from http://androxyde.github.com/

screenshot_2012-07-03_1307.png

screenshot_2012-07-03_1308.png

Note 1: I don't know about the warranty terms against updating firmware from third party sources.

Note 2. This method may erase Contact details, Account login info, Apps/Games and user files!

Procedure:

1. Download the ST25_6.0.B.1.564.zip from the above mentioned http://www.xdafileserver.nl website.

2. Download Flashtool from http://androxyde.github.com/ (Installation page). Install this tool and install "v0.8.6.0 from the same page".

3. Extract the downloaded file "ST25_6.0.B.1.564.zip". You will get "ST25_6.1.B.0.564_Generic.ftf".

4. Copy this "ST25_6.1.B.0.564_Generic.ftf" file to "C:\Flashtool\firmwares" Folder.

5. Open the flashtool. Hit the Lightning icon. From the popup mode selector, select "Flashmod".

6. From the window opened, select "ST25" in select a firmware list. Now the second coloumn shows 11 .sin files. Don't touch anything.

7. From the third coloumn, under Misc section TICK the "No final verification" option.

flashtool.png

8. Hit the OK button. Remove the USB cable from Xperia U Mobile. Connect the USB Cable to computer.

9. Swith off your mobile. wait for 30 seconds. Press and hold the Volume down button and connect the USB cable to Xperia U.

10. If any prompt poped up, Hit OK. Wait for some mins to complete.

11. After the completion of firmware update, FLASH TOOL Screen will show "Disconnect the mobile". Then remove the USB, Switch on the mobile. It will take some longer time to boot.

12. Now you are with the older firmware. No network issue. It worked for me.

40 REPLIES 40
One time poster
Message 2 of 41
Message 2 of 41

Re: Solution : Network Signal goes OFF frequently after the update 6.0.B.3.162

This sounds so good ... Thanks Kumar.GS and guess you are not from sony Slightly smiling Face ...

but this looks scary to do for a non expert user like me .. nevertheless i shall ask and follow the same.

thanks a lot Slightly smiling Face .....

only a customer who is facing the issue could understand and spent so much time to get the resolution.

Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face Slightly frowning Face

Visitor
Message 3 of 41
Message 3 of 41

You may need Admin rights if you are using Windows7.

For this...

1. Open the Start Menu.In the Start Menu search box area type cmd, then right click on cmd.exe (at top), and click on Run as administrator.

2.In the command prompt, copy and paste the command below and press Enter.

net user administrator /active:yes

3. Log off, and you will now see the built-in Administrator account log on icon added (enabled) at the log on screen.

Visitor
Message 4 of 41
Message 4 of 41

Well. I'm not from sony. Just a victim of buggy update.

Users can try at their own risk. Nobody can take response for any damage that may occur by using this method!

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 41
Message 5 of 41

This will definately void any warranties and this will not work for me as I have a LT27i. Facing the same problem, no settings metioned in various threads helped. This is still a issue for me.

Visitor
Message 6 of 41
Message 6 of 41

Firmware for Xperia Sola is here (some users said that this is a chinese version)

http://www.xdafileserver.nl/index.php?dir=Sony+%28Ericsson%29%2FSony+Xperia+Sola%2FSTOCK+ROMS

Message was edited by: Kumar.GS

Demigod
Message 7 of 41
Message 7 of 41

Well good job GS. Unlucky that you faced this problem. I am bookmarking this thread for help if i face this in future. Careful of the warranty though. Arnab.

Visitor
Message 8 of 41
Message 8 of 41

Kumar great you found this ! A relief to desparate people who want to downgrade !

But can you tell me if you have observed any improvement in B.3.162 ? especially i want to know if volume problem is solved ?

Visitor
Message 9 of 41
Message 9 of 41

Thanx Kumar ! I saved these things in my PC to protect me from future surprises by Sony Developers Winking Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 41
Message 10 of 41

seems like it worked, thanks Kumar.GS