account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sola camera

One time poster
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: Sola camera

For pictures there is no img stabilization? If my hands are shaking just a litthe bit the img is a disaster, i compared my camera with a live with walkman and the differences are visibile more quality more colors although the camera specs and settings are the same.

One time poster
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

i must agree with what was said here.

the camera performance is extremly poor and it is mostly due to really bad auto white balancing and faulty compression algorithem.

Sony Dev Team - Please use vanila auto-balancing to avoid this issues, i don't know how you tested the camera in your test cases, but any indoor picture is either reddish or yellowish and in dark palces it gets far too much noise.

and please, please don't give me another URL or a suggestion to repair my phone using PCC...

One time poster
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

Try using manual settings. Pictures do get better.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

Yeah sure, my old k800 3mpx is 3x better with default settings than sola's '5mpx'(2mpx is a more realistic value), so in conclusion sola camera is very disappointing.