account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Snapdragon 650?

Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Snapdragon 650?

Disappointed with Xperia X only has snapdragon 650 instead of snapdragon 652...

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Snapdragon 650?

Why?
It's an upper mid range phone with a great cpu,

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

652 has 8 cores; 650 only has 6.

Genius
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Apparently the X series is going to offer cheap variants of the Z flagship series, with the XA being the affordable, the X being the super mid-range and so on...

Considering that with 4 cores you can do a lot, 6 cores are going to be more than enough for smooth user experience.

Just to clarify, the number of cores isn't indication of better performance. Many 8 cores may perform worst than a quad core.

» If you find that an answer helped, say thanks and give kudos Slightly smiling Face

Wizardry is the key!
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

Plus, snapdragon 820 ( this years major cpu) is a quad core...

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

A lot of people, including me in the past, think that the 600 series processors are bad and incapable when they're actually not bad processors at all. Yes the 800 series is the high end, but the 600 series does perform very well in real life conditions. 

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

@SMRTLim

Well it's hard to chew on a mid tier performance and call it a flagship phone. Plus, don't expect that it will be any cheaper, you'll be talking about a $650 for the the X, that'll be a pretty steep price to pay considering that it has a high capable camera with new features that requres a high performace cpu. And it's not water/dust proof, and no 4K recording, LTE Cat 6 instead of Cat 9.
It's not a good bargain.
Enthusiast
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

Hi,

got my new Xperia X ...

well, actually the Xperia X is very fast. In real world usage you get very close to such phones like iPhone 6S or Galaxy S7. Everything runs silk smooth, seems that Sony has successfully optimized everything possible. The experience you get with the Xperia X is - in my opinion - the best you can get today. There are many You Tube videos comparing the phone's real world power to the aforementioned ones. Only the gaming power is not on par with say the Z5 series. So, for me (as I am in Germany) there is no need to wait for the Xperia X Performance. If the Performance is as optimized as the "normal" X the Performance will be the king of the crowd :-)) But actually I personally don't need it. 

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

Dont just look at the CPU. 

The software is very optimized to get the most out of the phone. I think it runs very quick.

Put the same CPU onto a Samsung touchwiz device and it will be unusable.

Its the software thats important as much as the CPU.

Commissioner
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

Sony just removed "2 Days Battery Life" from X Performance specs, so you want 820? You will have less battery life!