Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2014-07-06 08:27 PM
Upgraded my phone (Xperia Z Ultra - 6806) to Android 4.4.4 and now the Call Handling app crashes the connection between the watch and phone whenever I try to select a contact on the watch.
2014-07-08 02:37 AM
I'm also having the same issue since the upgrade to 4.4.4
If I uninstall the call handling app then the watch is fine but I don't get notification of the call on the watch.
Sony, please fix this.
2014-07-08 03:23 AM
Having the same issue with the latest 14.4.A.0.108 official firmware update for Xperia Z1 (Android 4.4.4).
Tested uninstall the smart extension and reinstall - still the same problem. Whenever there is a known contact calling in, there will be a SmartWatch2 crash message on the phone and SW2 disconnected. Same thing happen when you try to make outgoing call from the watch from call log.
This call handling extension is the one I use most from my SW2 as I usual drop my phone into a backpack (consider the size of phones nowadays - getting harder to carry it in your pocket). With SW2, notifying incoming call is a 'must' for me.
The reason I bought SW2 rather than Pebble was because I thought Sony wearable would work well with Sony flagship phone - and it did until now.
How can we file defect report to get this resolved?
2014-07-08 08:53 PM
I have the same issue on my xperia z ultra. the latest kitkat 4.4.4 brought this huge problem.
I contacted the Support Team and here's their response:
Greetings from Sony Xperia support.
We value the importance of your concern.
In response to your query, we would request you to perform a software repair using PC Companion (for Windows computers) in order to resolve the issue which you are facing with your handset.
Steps to perform software repair using your Windows computers and the PC Companion application:
1. Download PC Companion from http://www.sonymobile.com/in/tools/pc-companion/ , and install it on your Windows computer.
2. Turn off the phone and disconnect it from the computer.
3. Open the PC Companion application.
4. Select Start under Support Zone.
5. Select device Software Update and Start.
6. Could not find phone appears. Select Repair phone and Connect.
7. You will receive a message on PC companion that data will be lost if you will continue.
8. Tick the box to confirm that you have understood that all personal data will be lost. Then click Next. The application prepares for the update and if necessary downloads required data from the web.
9. Select your phone model manually and then click Next.
10. Depending on the model selected, you are asked to perform a few steps for the update for PC Companion to be able to update the phone software.
11. Do not connect the phone yet! Note! At this point the phone must be off and disconnected from the computer.
12. Connect the USB cable to the computer, not to the phone.
13. Xperia: While pressing and holding down the indicated button (Volume down key), connect the USB cable to the Xperia device, and keep holding and pressing down the indicated button (Volume down key) until. The update of your device has started... appears (in some cases Installing drivers appears first).
14. If you failed to follow the steps correctly the phone will turn on, and Proceed with the following steps, slide down the notification bar appear.
15. If this happens, disconnect the phone from the cable, turn it off and repeat from step 12.
16. Follow the instructions on the screen. When the repair is finished, disconnect the device and then start the device again.
17. Select Next. If the repair was successful, the message will appear that device has been successfully updated appears.
18. Select Finish.
Note: You should always back up all data before performing a software repair.
We would request you to follow the below mentioned steps in order to take backup of your phone data using PC Companion:
1. Go to Support at www.sonymobile.com to install PC Companion on a Windows computer.
2. When installed, start PC Companion on the computer.
3. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
4. Click Start under Backup & Restore.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions.
NOTE: Please take the backup of the data before going ahead with the troubleshooting steps. Sony Mobile Communications-India holds no responsibility for any data loss.
If you need any assistance or clarifications, please feel free to contact Sony Xperia Support at the Toll Free number 1800-3000-2800 (Working Timings-9:00am to 9:00pm: Mon-Sun) alternately, you can email us at email@example.com
For the latest news, information and product support please visit www.sonymobile.com/in
Thank you for contacting Sony Xperia Support.
Always looking to serve you better.
Sony Xperia Customer Services"
I am not sure that hard reset and upgrade via PC Companion will help. But I'll see what I can see.
2014-07-09 02:57 AM
Please keep us posted if hard reset would help. Thanks.
Personally I didn't think so. Already tried uninstalling SW2 and all the smart addons. Clear app data before uninstalling, reinstalling. None of that helped.
2014-07-09 12:47 PM
found time to update the firmware as advised by Sony Support..
Gonna keep you guys updated if this helps.
Upgrade is being downloaded now.
2014-07-09 04:16 PM
As I expected, unfortunately, the steps emailed by Support Team didnt help me at all. the call handling app still crashes.
2014-07-10 05:14 AM
Thanks for letting us know.
Obviously support never tested a Z1/Z Ultra clean install with SW2. They are just utilizing customers to verify.
Sent a message to Sony expressing how disappointed I am with their products (not that they will do anything about it besides asking me to hard reset my phone).
Tried another notification app from play store (WatchIt), which vibrate and notify on any notification; however, that doesn't appear reliable at all as well
Going to try out Pebble if SW2 is still not fixed by next week.