account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Smartwatch 2 - Stuck at SmartConnect

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Smartwatch 2 - Stuck at SmartConnect

Smartwatch 2 was working.  It then lost BT connections with my LG L9.  Did a reboot on the watch and the phone, deleted the BT pairing.  Now watch won't repair with BT and come ups to the SmaretConnect screen on the watch with the GooglePlay icon like it's downloading but it's doing nothing.  Ran the Sony Updater on the watch, got the exact same thing.  Won't re-pair with BT and am stuck on this SmartConnect screen.

Help!

8 REPLIES 8
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Smartwatch 2 - Stuck at SmartConnect

Try to reboot your phone then your watch and check if you're able to pair them successfully.

Make sure you have both the Smart Connect and SW2 applications download from Google play.

Rookie
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I tried rebooting multiple times.  The apps are there from Google.  The watch worked for almost a week and then this.  Any other suggestions?

Thx

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

You mentioned that you ran the Sony updater, I'm not sure if you mean the update via phone or a reinstall via Update Service.

In any case I suggest that you try to reinstall the SW2 software via Update Service and check if you're able to pair it properly again.

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Rookie
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

Yes, I used the Update software on my computer to update the watch.  Even after I ran that, the watch goes straight into the SmartConnect display, even without a BT connection with my phone.

One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

I had a similar problem. It seems that the only way to properly reset the SW2 is through its own settings menu (i.e. there are no methods of holding a button to have it reset).

However, you have to be quick: start the watch, and try to get to the settings menu and click the "reset" item (you'll have to scroll down first) asap. In case the "Smart connect" screen shows up, you can temporarily hide it by holding the home button. It may take a few attempts, but it can work Slightly smiling Face.

One time poster
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

My watch is doing the same thing however i cannot access the menu in the smartwatch to reset it. it seems to be locked. what does this smartwatch screen mean? 

Visitor
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I just got a new Smartwatch 2 paired with a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 running Android 4.3. This has happened to me several time now. It happens when it loses BT connectivity, either by turning off BT on the phone, or on the SW2. Either way, the SW2 hangs on the Smartconnect screen and the phone app reports the SW2 is not connected. I've tried unpair/repair via BT and it doesn't work. I've tried to turn BT on and off on both the phone and the SW2, that doesn't work either. I seen in other post about using Smartconnect to unpair/pair in the setting but I can't see such an option anywhere. As a last resort, I uninstalled the smartconnect app, then re-installed the smart connect app on my phone. This has been the only way I've been able to get the phone and the SW2 to reconnect....BUT I should not have to.

What's up Sony?

One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

hi,

after updating my Z1 to 4.4.2 14.3.a.0.747, after try to sync my smw2 with z1. the smartwatch hang up every boot.

when trying to update it with "update service", i'm surprised to not find it in the list, there is only mn2 and liveview (only older version of smartwatch), the update service is the latest version Update_Service_Setup-2.14.6.201404170858

how i can resolve this probleme?