account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Smartband: counting steps in car

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Smartband: counting steps in car

I purchased Smartband two days ago and everything works perfectly.

Notifications, vibration, alarm clock, counting steps, activity control, remote control music etc etc ....

The problem is that while driving in the car are counted the steps.

is a software or hardware problem?

I think it should be implemented also the function of personal motivator for movements if we stay still for too long (See Jawbone UP).

Thank you all for the information

1 REPLY 1
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Smartband: counting steps in car

Since there is no GPS built into the SmartBand ... it's almost impossible for the band to know if you are driving or walking ....

I believe the SmartBand works on the same principle as FitBit Flex where it uses a 3-way axis to detect movement/steps. Therefore, turning the steering wheel on the car might get counted as steps. Probably a tweak on the sensitivity of the arm action would correct this. 

By the way, sitting on the chair and swinging your arms will also count as steps.

Xperia Z3 Tablet Compact LTE SGP621