account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Smart connect no longer working

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Smart connect no longer working

My Z5 Premium no longer seems to like smart connect anymore. It no longer changes phone volume at the times I have set even though the message comes up saying it has? Is this an update issue? Will it be solved?
3 REPLIES 3
Emperor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart connect no longer working

Settings > apps > smartconnect > storage > clear app data > restart the phone 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Hi @LeeBailey, I am sorry to hear about that. Slightly frowning Face

I agree with the recommendation written by @uliwooly above in that you can try clearing the data for the app. Note that this will reset all your current actions which you've set up within the app, so you'll have create these anew. 

Should the behaviour persist, could you try to see if the same occurs in safe mode?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Sage
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Does it makes sense to delete Smart Connect app if not used or could it bring to worse things?