account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Smart Connect on Xperia X Compact

Visitor
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Smart Connect on Xperia X Compact

Recently bought the X Compact as a replacement for my broken Z3 Compact. In the Smart Connect app on the X Compact I have noticed some missing functions i.r.t. the Z3 Compact. For example, one doesn't have the possibility to switch off data transfer. There's also no possibility to.adjust the screen light when a task in Smart Connect is activated.
I've connect my phone with my car using bluetooth. When I program a task in Smart Connect, what the phone should do when connected with my car, there is a pre programmed order to start the Music (Walkman) app. I can not turn this of or delete it. Even when I first shut off the Music app in Settings. I have been using Poweramp for years now, so that's the one I would like to start if I wanted to.
So it seems there are some restriction here. Ferry annoying.
With my Z3 Compact I could configure in any way I wanted.
5 REPLIES 5
Adept
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia smart connect

The app smart connect can't switch mobile data off.  it only works with WiFi.  My z5c still has many more options with smart connect.  Why is that? 

Visitor
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Re: Xperia smart connect

I noticed the same. Screen brightness is also not adjustable.
And when you connect with your car the Music app automatically is being started. You cannot swith this of in the Smart Connect app.
Is there someone who can explain this?
Emperor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Re: Smart Connect on Xperia X Compact

SmartConnect > Select one of the accessories > Events > Music at home > Edit event > next > start an app > select the app

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Re: Xperia smart connect

I believe that this is to avoid data to be enabled by accident, I think it has been asked before 

Georgge

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Re: Smart Connect on Xperia X Compact

In the events tab indeed, I can configure which action will take place.
But in the accessory tab the Music app is automatically being connected with the bluetooth carkit. Even if I configure another event with a different app (let's say a navigation app), the Music app also starts up. Only solution is to shut the **bleep** thing up by stopping the app in menu Settings-apps. I bit drastic I think.