account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Smart Connect doesn't recognize SmartWatch 2 app

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Smart Connect doesn't recognize SmartWatch 2 app

Hi,

I bought the SmartWatch2 SW2 and it arrived yesterday.

Turned it on, paired it with my phone through Bluetooth (I don't have NFC on my THL W3 phone) and the SW was paired successfully. 

After that the SW showed the connect to "Smart Connect" application screen, so I opened the app on my phone, added the SW to the list of devices and tapped on it. I have two lines there, [Events](+Create new event) and [More](SmartWatch 2 video).

I looked it up on the internet and I realized that I should install the SmartWatch2 app, so I installed it but still, I can't launch it from the Smart Connect app. 

The SW is still on the "connect to Smart Connect" screen but when I turn it off and on I have to unpair it from my phone and pair it again in order to get that screen.

I've tried to uninstall both apps, to clear the data from the Smart Connect app and add the SW to the device list again, to unpair and pair the SW from my phone... Nothing changes. 

Any ideas?

Thanks Slightly smiling Face

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart Connect doesn't recognize SmartWatch 2 app

Hi and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I recommend that you first try removing the pairing in the phone and that you reset the SW2. Then clear data for both Smart Connect and the SW2 app. Then pair the watch with your phone and try restarting both the phone and watch if they don't connect when you pair them.

If that doesn't help, try turning off any other bluetooth devices you may have and also try turning off WiFi in the phone and restart the phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

I have got the same issues. I even updated the smartwatch 2 but your suggestion didn't help. What happens is that the watch connects but immediately discconects again. Only when i don't install smart connect or the smartwatch app i am able to create a bluetooth connection that stays connected, but the watch is displaying only that smart connect should be installed. If i do that nothing is happening either.

Also, with smart connect installed and then connecting, connect is lost immediately and the watch displays to install smart connect.

Any ideas?

Kind regards,

Kobus
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi, thanks for answering.

I tried to do that and nothing changed.

How do I reset the SW? There's only one button which is turning on and off the SW.

Also the Bluetooth is fine, I think its connected well but somewhy the Smart Connect app won't recognize the SmartWatch 2 app, because there's no row for the app when I choose the SW from the device list in the SmartConnect app.

----

for Kobus - as our issues are not the same, please open your own topic Slightly smiling Face 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

When you turn on the watch, what do you see? If not paired it should go to pairing mode but you can cancel that after a while by tapping "X" on the display. When you do that you should see the menu and you can select Settings -> Reset SmartWatch.

If this doesn't work, could you try your watch with another phone or tablet to see if it's working or not?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Doesnt work for me either, same problem, android is 4.0.4