account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Small App Timer not working on Z3

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Small App Timer not working on Z3

I totally love the timer small app on Sony phones. I've been using it for ages on the Z2.
However, on the Z3 it's not working!
I can start the app just fine, set a time and start the countdown. However, when I minimize the app the timer resets. When I'm in an app that has landscape mode when turning the phone to it's side, the timer resets. And sometimes it also resets for no apparent reason. All in all it hardly ever makes it to zero, thus making the timer app pretty useless... Any sollutions?

11 REPLIES 11
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Small App Timer not working on Z3

You can't minimize the small app, tapping on the X will close the app. And you are correct there seems to be an issue, if you rotate from landscape to portrait and vice versa the timer will reset.
Rookie
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Yeah you can minimize the timer. Just slide it to the side and it minimizes....
But good to hear more people have this issue. At least its not just me...
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Oh ok, thanks. Good to know, I didn't know it was possible to minimize the small app.
Apprentice
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Hello everyone, have you find any solutions ? I'v tried to minimize it, but it will keep on crashing... It's frustrating that Sony can't solve such a little bug... Slightly frowning Face

Here is the video:

Timer Small app crush

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

@dxdim Could you please send me your details in a PM, and I will forward this.

Make a relevant topic and include the following.

Name:
Phone nr:
E-mail:
Operator:
Product(s):
IMEI nr:
Build number:
Timer app version:

You can see the version of the Timer app by going to Settings > Apps > All > Timer.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Hello,
I managed to solve this problem.
I found the Timer app as Christofer showed.
When you open to see the app's version, there is a Clear Data button, I pressed it > then OK and the problem has disappeared !!!
This app is so useful !!!
I hope this solution will be helpful for everyone!
Rookie
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

Unfortunately that doesn't work for me @dxdim...

Still the same issue. It keeps resetting Slightly frowning Face @Sony, please fix this! I love this little app. But currently it's useless...

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

@Kas80 Could you send me a PM with the details I asked for earlier?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

Here is the video of already working Timer app:

https://youtu.be/13-QDQig1us

Hm.. It's weird...

However, before pressing the Clear Data button I'v changed the system language from French to English. I doubt this could have helped me, but who knows...