account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Slow camera launch

One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Slow camera launch

I noticed this topic had already been posted and "assumed answered" by SONY, but it is not.

The camera is very slow, we all know this, it takes a good 3 seconds to launch from startup, and no SONY, I did not have any other apps open or running in the background. It is simply your software that is too slow, even my X8 was faster at launching the camera app.

I really hope you will address this issue in your JellyBean update and with PB, because at the moment, it's far from functioning like smooth butter!

Regards

Justin

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Slow camera launch

I will forward your feedback about this internally.

One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thank you Johan Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Even I've faced the delay in launching of camera when there are no apps running. Sony needs to do something on it. Also on the post processing of the images which is spoiling the quality of the photos. I heard that Samsung S4 & Sony Xperia Z uses the same lens & the quality of Smasung S4 photos are much better. Please do something on it.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

I think the XZ's photos are the best in the industry. The heavy Sony camera UI and customizations to reduce noise takes up processing power. The S4's photos have a lot more digital noise than Sony, yet Sony delievers the best colors. This is the main reason for Sony's camera to be quite slow. Processing of photos and the launching of the UI.