account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Signal drop after every call

One time poster
Message 1 of 20
Message 1 of 20

Signal drop after every call

Hi,

I am just 1 week Sony Xperia U user, in this one week I am facing one major issue,Signal drop after every call for about 40-60 seconds and also some random time intervals. This is irritating me like any thing and many of my friends also complaining about my mobile is not reachable.

Can you please give some immediate suggestion to fix this issue.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

19 REPLIES 19
Emperor
Message 2 of 20
Message 2 of 20

Re: Signal drop after every call

have you try to repair your phone?

Update Service (SUS)

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software%20Downloads/Update_Service_Setup-2.11.12.5.exe

Alternatives on How to backup Xperias

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36355

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/44888

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 20
Message 3 of 20

@Bhaskar,

Wat is your phones software version (Build Number)?

To check this on your phone goto - Menu >> Settings >> About Phone >> Build Number

One time poster
Message 4 of 20
Message 4 of 20

My build no is  6.0.B.1.564. when I conencted to PC Companion it is not showing any updates.

One time poster
Message 5 of 20
Message 5 of 20

I have tried with Update service, unfortunately there are no updates available. Plz let me know if there is any alternative.

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Visitor
Message 6 of 20
Message 6 of 20

There should not be such problem on B.1.564 ! What is your network operator ? could be some prob with the sim card.

One time poster
Message 7 of 20
Message 7 of 20

My Service provider is Airtel, India. The same sim is working fine in my nokia phone. After every call for about 40-60 secs signal is dropping. I tried with inserting the same sim in another 2 mobiles and it is working fine. Slightly frowning Face

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 8 of 20
Message 8 of 20

Hi, i am also facing exactly the same problem. Just got the mobile 4 days back. From day two, i am facing the problem of signal refreshing after every call. Earlier it happened only when i was at my home. But from yesterday, its happening at all the places. It just goes off for few seconds after every call and comes back again. I am not sure if i missed any calls because of it, but definitely that is not normal and i dont like that fact that i will be off the network for few seconds after every call. My service provider is also Airtel, India and i also used Nokia before with which i never had any signal problems. Please help me out if anyone has any thoughts on this. Thanks in advance.

Visitor
Message 9 of 20
Message 9 of 20

Update with latest .184 build. No drops reported as yet.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 10 of 20
Message 10 of 20

Hi, thanks for your reply. Just got it figured out. I am facing that problem only if i am in 'Roaming' (though i dont see it in htc or Nokia). Came back to hometown for the weekend. Here, there is no such problem. Signal is clear. No refreshing issues. Currently i am in .564 build. Not really dare enough to do the 'famous' updation. But have to, alteast for solving this signal refreshing problem. Bcz i have to go back to office anyway. Thanks again.