account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Signal Issues Xperia Z

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Signal Issues Xperia Z

Hi there,

I have been having problems with my phone in the last few months.

I seem to lose signal but the signal bars are full. 
The only reason I notice this has happened is because my mobile data will appear offline. I usually leave it on constantly so that was the only reason I noticed it.

When the phone gets into this state, I cannot make phone calls as it wont ring out, I cannot receive calls at all, I cannot send messages as it fails repeatedly and I also cannot use my mobile data.

I found another post with the exact same problem here: https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z-ZL-ZR/Xperia-Z-C6602-Network-signal-issue-Full-signal-but-wo...

It's a strange issue and one that can't be reproduced purposely. Is there any more info on this? Or any advice on what action I should take to try and get this fixed?

Thanks,
Aimee

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Signal Issues Xperia Z

How old is your SIM card? do you have the correct APN settings? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Hi ajones,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

I suggest first trying a download of APN settings.

Menu > Settings > More/Xperia > Internet Settings > Accept Disclaimer > Choose Network.

Once done, try using the device as normal. if this does not work, I suggest getting a new SIM card as advised above.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I have done this before. If the settings weren't right, I wouldn't be able to connect at all, which is not the case.

My phone works perfectly.. until it gets into the state I have outlined in my post. Then the only way to get it back into a working state (i.e. to be able to use it for calls, text messages and mobile data) is to turn it off and on again. (This is also oultined in the post I have linked in my first post.)

My sim card is not that old and considering other people have expressed the exact same problems with different network providers, I really don't think it's the sim card that's the problem.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

I'm afraid it's hard to say if this is an issue with your phone, SIM card or the network. It's not a known issue with Xperia Z.

I would start by trying the phone set to GSM only for a while and then try it with WCDMA only for a while. You can set this under Settings -> More -> Mobile networks -> Network mode. If it only happens with one of the networks i would recommend that you contact the operator to see if they are aware of any issue with one network.

If this happens on both networks, i would recommend that you try the phone with another SIM (if possible another provider) to see if this is an issue with the phone.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Rookie
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Apologies fro the delay in replying. 
I have changed network providers recently and am now with Meteor. 
I got a 4G sim card and everythign seems to be working fine.

I did start to notice with my old sim card that, when I charged the phone for a long period of time and plugged it out, that would trigger the issue I outlined in my original post. This hasn't happened yet with the new sim card (but it's only been a few days). I will update here if it does occur.

Thanks for your help
Aimee

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Glad to hear that it seems to work now and keep us updated Slightly smiling Face

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.