account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Severe Battery Drainage

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Severe Battery Drainage

I have had my Xperia Z for a week and I find the battery life to be terrible. I have activated all battery preserving features and turned down the brightness, Autosync OFF, Facebook for Xperia OFF but it only seems to last 6-8 hours whilst using Whatsapp? Is this normal?

My battery is melting, even during the night, and I have the  "com.sonymobile.social.service" active in the power management menu with  56% battery usage (screen 22%).

Could this be the cause?

Is there a way of stopping it?

Please advise...

2 REPLIES 2
Genius
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Severe Battery Drainage

I think you need to start over - either do an update repair using PCC or try a factory reset

You can do a factory reset by going into settings - backup & reset - erase all data

Make a backup to your Ext SD card first under tools or PC Companion backup- remove the SD card before performing the reset and don't insert it until you have tried the phone for a few days

I think you have enabled something while playing with your new phone

The above should sort it

Also remove antivirus - task managers - memory managers - in fact any utility you have installed - most cause problems and are not needed

hope this gets you back on track

if you want to know about battery and power options do a search on the forum there are lots of threads and lots of info

Highlighted
Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Severe Battery Drainage

Battery report today: 13% after 11 hours of use

4 hours of LTE browsing (About 15% per hour, which is very impressive compared to iPhone 5 and galaxy s iii and both of them drains 20% per hour in LTE browsing)

0.5 hours of temple run 2

0.5 hours of Traffic Panic 3D (I know, but that's what I play. Lame games)

Traffic panic is a very heavy game and my old phone (Xperia Neo V) SWITCHES OFF while running this game. It is also very battery consuming

5 hours of phone off

1 hour of phone standby with internet and wifi on but wifi is not connected (I accidentally left that on)

No complains. Very good batttery life. Lasted from 7:00 till 18:00. More impressive than many other phones.

I suggest you maybe turn off internet when not in use. That saves a heck lot of battery. Whatsapp is using internet. Most phones won't last 5 hours of internet browsing. 6-8 hours is pretty beast. If that is still not enough for you, get a portable charger. That would help.