account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Settings locked

One time poster
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

Settings locked

I am unable to open my xperia M settings it is asking for security password, even though i haven't set any password please let me know what is the default password...

14 REPLIES 14
Emperor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Settings locked

There isn't a default password, it could be a password/pin lock, it could be a SIM lock, it could be an antivirus app lock (mcafee) it could be a PUK code etc, you have to be more specific. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

Hi I too encountered the same pb today on my sony experia m. Setting asking security password though I have nt set it.plz advice
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

Repair with SUS:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/update-service/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

One time poster
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Hi, 

I am unable to open Settings on my Xperia M. This, after I installed Clean Master App, and another Anti Virus App recommended by Clean Master. 

Kindly help. 

Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Removed all those apps and check again.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Hi All, Did a lot of groundwork to find out the actual problem and it worked out. - It is not a problem with your antivirus password. No need to change it, whichever antivirus you are using. - It is not a problem with your SIM or PUK password. The problem is with the X-Alert for Xperia app of Sony (which has permission to lock phone and doesn't allow to navigate to the settings). Solution : Disable the X-Alert Xperia app and remove from the Device administrator (Settings -> Security -> Device Administrator -> Click on X-Alert for Xperia and click Deactivate) Also, from the app list, disable the X-Alert app. Let me know if you still face the problem ! DhanyavaadagaLu !!

@Vikrant1989 wrote:

I am unable to open my xperia M settings it is asking for security password, even though i haven't set any password please let me know what is the default password...

One time poster
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

When I can't access my settings, how am I suppose to delete Xperia alert from my phone! I got it from the service centre today itself and now this **bleep** issue is making me.hate Sony more!
haj
One time poster
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Hi,i m still facing the problem.my phone is asking for a security password.i have never set a password on my phn.i was to work out solution given by you but i m unable to open settings so how m i suppose to deactivate it.

@KNSRI wrote:
Hi All, Did a lot of groundwork to find out the actual problem and it worked out. - It is not a problem with your antivirus password. No need to change it, whichever antivirus you are using. - It is not a problem with your SIM or PUK password. The problem is with the X-Alert for Xperia app of Sony (which has permission to lock phone and doesn't allow to navigate to the settings). Solution : Disable the X-Alert Xperia app and remove from the Device administrator (Settings -> Security -> Device Administrator -> Click on X-Alert for Xperia and click Deactivate) Also, from the app list, disable the X-Alert app. Let me know if you still face the problem ! DhanyavaadagaLu !!

@Vikrant1989 wrote:

One time poster
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Yes it has worked.

Thanks a lot.