account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Serious problems with latest update

One time poster
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: Serious problems with latest update

Since upgrading to build 23.4.A.0.546 my phone has had a few serious issues that it has never had before. It could be related to my screen because I had to have a replacement fitted a few days before the update came out, but I can't be sure which is causing the problems.

I mostly notice it in messaging apps (the default Messaging app, Facebook Messenger, InstaMessage and WhatsApp) but it happens in the Music app and Google Play as well.

It looks like the app keeps refreshing itself, there is a very fast wiping and redrawing of the screen. If I'm in a messaging app it is very noticable because it causes the keyboard to disappear (I've tried a few different keyboards and the result is the same). 

*edit* It is far more pronounced in WhatsApp, which over the last 2 days has started acting like I am pressing the screen all over, opening menus, calling people, trying to take photos etc, all without me touching the screen at all! *edit*

In the Music app and Google Play it makes opening the side bar menu almost impossible, because even before the side bar has slid out, the screen refreshes and it disappears.

Can someone who knows tell me if all this refreshing could possibly be a screen related hardware issue, or is it software/firmware based? A colleague with a Z3 compact said he had noticed similar issues since the latest firmware update.

Any help would be appreciated Slightly smiling Face

Sony Xperia Support
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

@mikespikin

I'm afraid that this sounds like a hardware issue to me.

I recommend that you contact a servicelocation or your local support team for assistance.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

My phone no longer recognises the USB for file transfer.  It does not show up as connected on the phone or the PC however is still charges but i seem to be getting a lot of the problems listed,  battery life seems reduced,  phone gets hot and my apps randomly shut down.  The phone is only a month and a bit old and was fine until a couple of weeks ago.  Any help on the USB issue will be much aprrecitated as this is a replacement phone for another xperia z2 which camera stopped working the day after purchase.....

Learner
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

Anyone have any ideas?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

Lollipop 5.1 Update Bug

Bugs I encountered so far:

• SMS looks like not sending, it appears like it cannot be sent because of it shade as translucent in color but its status is 'Sent' and without the time displayed when it was sent like it used to be
  • Group SMS does not send
  • Able to receive calls but cannot hear anything, only the caller hears me when I tested it

I really regret having to update my Z2 with 23.4.A.0.546. It is just a shame why would Sony push this update with these bugs like it did not undergo strict testings. Tried already factory reset but it did not fixed the issues.

Apprentice
Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

UPDATE------

Thought I would update on how I'm getting on. Been using old Iphone for the last few weeks and Z2 has been sitting in a drawer collecting dust. Was gonna stick it on Ebay and buy another Iphone but desided to do one more PC fix again (5 or 6th time since problems started) and it seams a lot more stable!!

1. Camera does not load fully, can't take pictures and then crashes and restarts - FIXED BUT STILL VERY SLOW
  2. Over heats and gets ridiculously hot very quickly and then crashes and restarts - DOES NOT CRASH AS MUCH BUT STILL GETS VERY HOT
  3. During calls crashes and restarts - FIXED
  4. Can't uninstall apps and crashes and restarts when tries.- FIXED
  5. In app screen it won't calculate usage and when tries it crashes and restarts - FIXED
  6. Using any apps for more than a few minutes, it gets really hot and the crashes and restart - STILL HAPPENS BUT ONLY WITH GAMING APPS
  7. Does not fully charge 85% only - FIXED
  8. Battery last 2/3 hours before needing charging (sitting on my desk at work, not in use) - BETTER
  9. Phone shuts down for no reason (either when sitting idol or inuse) - FIXED
  10. Phone freezes - FIXED
  11. Can't open all apps and then either freezes or shuts down - PLAYS UP,  DELETE APP AND RE DOWNLOAD THEN WORKS
  12. Can't read SD card - READS SOMETIMES AND NOT OTHERS, TAKE SD CARD OUT, RESTART AND WORKS

SO FAR SO GOOD!!!!

Apprentice
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

notification tone when signal lost then regained

Hi All,

Read a few post on here with regards to the annoying notification tone when signal is lost and regained, but has anyone found a solution to this?

It's driving me mad as I live in a low network coverage area and it's like every 5 minutes, I'm sure the misses thinks I'm having an affair!!! Below are a list of things I've tried and have not worked

1. Turned off all notification tone
  2. Turned phone to silent
  3. Turned off all ring tones
  4. Read loads of post with people having the same problem. 
  5. PC link and restored.

Thanks

Commissioner
Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

People, you should try running your phone in safe mode to see if the cause is from your firmware or due to downloaded apps that have yet to be optimized to L5.1.1. If your phone is working well in safe mode, than you have to seriously go through all your apps to see whether the maker have updated their app.
Apprentice
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Hi Bearings,

Thanks for taking the time to advise.

I have already run it in safe mode and erased all the apps that are not factory set.

Still the same problems.

Thanks anyway and I'm sure this might be useful to others.

Thanks

Stu

Sony Xperia Support
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

Glad to hear that your phone works better now.

Regarding the SD card issue. Could you download this app and have it installed for a week or so and see if the SD card is mounted/unmounted: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sdcardmonitor

If you could test your SD card with a PC and a card reader with a test software like h2testw as well to make sure it's not an issue wioth the card.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.