account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Screen smashed very easily...

Highlighted
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Screen smashed very easily...

Hi, 

I am the only one that thinks that the screen smashes very easily?? The phone slipped from my hands and fell onto a plastic bedliner from 1 foot at the most and the screen got smashed to the point that the touchscreen was not responsive. I had to return the phone to the dealer only to find its 200 USD to change the screen!

Isn't the phone supposed to be shatter proof glass?? It seems like a glass slipper to me! I previously owned an Xperia ZL which I'm starting to think is a tank compared to the Z3!

Ricardo Ibarra

Attaching photo of phone:screen smashed

Ricardo
1 REPLY 1
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Screen smashed very easily...

@ricardoibarra

I'm sorry to hear that. The phone should have a ASF (Anti-shatter film) under the digitizer, but there aren't shatter unbreakable screens. It's glass and will break, I've dropped multiple phones and I haven't cracked them, I even dropped a Z3 few days ago (2ft drop) on concrete, nothing happened to it, it's not unbreakable, but it all depend on how hard, fast, height and what touch the phone first once it reaches the ground. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)