account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Screen randomly wakes

Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Screen randomly wakes

Hi Guys,

Recently (possibly since the latest software rollout) my Z1 keeps waking from sleep.  The screen will light up and then turn off again after the screen timeout.  It happens on a regular basis (once every 15 minutes or so approximately)

I have uninstalled recently installed apps, tried disabling location settings, tried changing power settings, wifi settings, stamina settings and all to no avail .. it keeps on waking up randomly.  

This is MOST ANNOYING at night when the light from the screen wakes me up too .... anyone got any ideas?  I would appreciate some help here.  If anyone from Sony reads these then please feel free to email me and I can provide more details if needed.

Thanks in advance,

John

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Screen randomly wakes

I know that the screen wakes when you charge the phone and it reaches 100%.

But if its not during charging you may want to try running the phone in safe mode just to check if this could be cased by any app.

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/m-p/348008#U348008

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

That makes perfect sense .. I do charge it over night and it would keep reaching 100% on a regular basis.  this could well be what keeps waking it up.

Thanks for that  ..  will change the way I charge it and see what happens Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

I have another issue regarding the screen, and that is that it wont enter sleep mode. I've tried to lower to 15 seconds, and the only thing happening is that screen fades down the light, but I can still se my homescreen (Not lockscreen).

This is recent, and I have to remember to push the powerbutton every time I leave my phone in my pocket/car dashboard/etc.

Really annoying, since I believe this will drain my battery. Latest firmware .257  --- even thoug it works as it should in Safe Mode

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

If the handset works as it should in Safemode, this means an application is keeping the screen on. I suggest going through any new apps on the device and making sure that none of there settings are set to "Never Sleep" for the screen.

I suggest trying only with the applications you have download when the issue started.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.