account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Screen flicker

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Screen flicker

I bought this tablet today and am experiencing screen flickering. The problemI have is a segment of the screen, about 5*5cm or so, that flickers in small bars at the top of the screen. This segment follows turning the screen so that it always stays at the top of the screen. I have the latest upgrade according to the tablet which is build 28.0.A.251.

It also kind of pulsates and gets more intense when I move between screens, for example swiping between different home screens. 

Is this a known problem with a fix or should I just return my tablet?

Regards,

Marren

6 REPLIES 6
Emperor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Screen flicker

@Marren

Do you have developer options on? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Yes, I just tried disabling hw overlays since that had worked for a user with a previous tablet. Didn't work.
Rookie
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Yes, I just tried disabling hw overlays since that had worked for a user with a previous tablet. Didn't work

Emperor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

@Marren

Could you boot on safe mode and check again?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@uliwooly 

It is still here

Forum Legend
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Have you tried to you reset the tablet via Settings > Backup & reset > Factory data reset to see if same behaviour occurs? If the same behaviour persist, I suggest that you contact your retailer and/or Local support for information how you should proceed with this in the best possible way.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.