account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Screen cracked - can't unlock/back up

Visitor
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Screen cracked - can't unlock/back up

Hello,

Seems like I'm not the only unlucky one to have my screen cracked by itself - I will take it to Carphone Warehouse tomorrow to send it for repair, but I desperately need to backup my photos as I've got work stuff there that I need.

Any idea how I can backup either without unlocking the screen or how I can unlock the screen as I can't type my password??

Thank you

H

16 REPLIES 16
Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Screen cracked - can't unlock/back up

Unfortunately all backup methods I am aware of require the handset to be unlocked which is not possible if the digitiser is damaged sorry.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

just ordered a mouse with a mini usb port which apparently works and I will be able to unlock the device that way and backup normally!

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

Interesting, that could very well work. Please do let us know how you go with this.

Don't forget to mark posts that answers the topic as Accepted Solution. 
If you find any post helpful, press Kudos.
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

Will do.

Any idea if Sony has now admitted the self-cracking screens on Z1??

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

awesome bro, can you show me the video of it please, cause am having the same problem too, i wud b thank ful to you if you can do that for me, also let me know the cost of mouse, trust me am happy for you much more than you are Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

Did you get your mouse?

Did it work, did it unlock your phone?

Iv got the same problem, cant unlock my phone to get my stuff off it before it goes in the bin 

One time poster
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

hey did that mini usb mouse work? i have same problem and support said they will only review my phone before deciding to fix it... i just want my stuff off of it and buy something different..haha please let me know!!

One time poster
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

just too let you guys know, the mouse trick does work, using a mini-jack  to usb with a standard usb mouse. plug it all in , lock screen button, click mouse , screen lights up, and you can use left click to unlock screen on the pattern locking screen. thankyou for saying about the mouse, managed to unlock and retreive pictures. now to send it off for screen repair......

Genius
Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

I bought an OTG cable on ebay and it works with my wireless mouse and keyboard from my lappy, it also allows you to connect usb memory sticks amongst other things - very handy