account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Screen covered with green and blue pixels (visible on dark colors)

Regular
Message 21 of 41
Message 21 of 41

Re: Screen covered with green and blue pixels (visible on dark colors)

Keep us posted with any updates from XDA.

For the record ... I had mine repaired and it all lookED good.  Sadly, the dots have returned!!!

I'll be calling them up again at lunchtime.

Adviser
Message 22 of 41
Message 22 of 41

Finally got my money back! And this problem is not in firmware, but in display module, like I read on Russian forum. And I had this problem even in 4.4.2. Now I'm waiting for Z4 phone. Don't need tablets anymore.

Apprentice
Message 23 of 41
Message 23 of 41

My tablet also began showing those green blue dots on both sides of the screen, it began a month after i bought it in May, but it started to get worse and worse.

I bought my z2 in Portugal, but i live on the Azores Islands, so i waited to christmas to get the tablet to the store i bought it.

They send it to Sony Repair, because i didnt bought it on a sony store, and the answer came now. As i feard they used the "you bend it" excuse to get off the warranty.

I never bend it and i have really carefull use of the tablet, it has a sony protective cover also.

The other problem is the charging dock, the cover gets really worn by openning and closing all the time to charge it. So they used that to say that the body had damage signs. I think the charging dock is very poor, as we open and close it so many times.

But the real isue is the sony assistance, they really disaponted me by denying to replace a screen with a most than common product problem, blaming the client for they fauty product.

I was looking to get a z3 phone and a 4k television to get full sony sets, but that is completly out of the question now!

One time poster
Message 24 of 41
Message 24 of 41

My sony tablet Z2 just started doing this Slightly frowning Face what a load of rubbish from Sony. I have moved country so it will be a right pain for me to get this fixed... let's see

I hope it is a software error!

Demigod
Message 25 of 41
Message 25 of 41

Welcome to the club... just found them around the center on the black background...

Best regards,
Sergio PL

--
Xperia Z3 Compact / Nexus 7 (2012)
Regular
Message 26 of 41
Message 26 of 41

Well ... I sent it back in January (for the second time) and it got fixed and returned.

Thankfully, I haven't had a re-occurence of the dots.

HOWEVER ... I have had a re-occurence of the discolouration of the screen.  It goes a nasty yellow/orange around the edges with some heavier "hot spots".

It's an overheating issue that's plagued a number of different xperia devices.  I left it charged in with a video on pause and went to fill up a drink and when I came back and next changed to a white background, saw the colour.

It was also on the screen when I sent it back in January.

So ... today 22 days before my warranty expires it's back in for the 3rd time.

The product obviously has some issues and whilst I asked (with no response) last time, I've made a clear request that the warranty should be re-started for a further 12 months once they've made the repair or replacement.  To have a re-occurence of issues that are clearly issues (otherwise why would they have been fixed before?!) shows there are underlying problems and I should not be left with a potenitally faulty device.

Nintendo are very good for this.  They believe in their products and will extend the warranty by the full 12 months they offer as standard because after their repair they believe it is "as good as new" when they send it back to you.

Message 27 of 41
Message 27 of 41

Unfortunately, I have the same problem... In service centre agent says, that it's result of prolonged pressure, but I don't neither squeeze it, nor drop my device. So, he says, that it isn't warranty case( Firstly I think, that maybe something happened with tablet, when I wasn't at home, but after reading this topic I don't think so...

Learner
Message 28 of 41
Message 28 of 41

..omG, i just realize same problem with dots on black (dark) screen.. What you think in general, if this can cause bigger problem? What should i do.. Go to service to ask for another device or they will change display?? I've warranty till 04/2016.. 

One time poster
Message 29 of 41
Message 29 of 41

"i too now have the same problem after only a few months of use. Can only be seen whilst watching a video during dark pictures what can i do? "

Yes. Since a couple of days I noticed the exact same problem, after 10 months of use. Bought it in Germany. So I'm not the only one with that problem. In a way I'm glad, in a way, reading all the accounts, that doesn't really help me as Sony doesn't seem to give a **bleep** about it.

Genius
Message 30 of 41
Message 30 of 41

Hi @borg1tos @PS77

As this seems to be a hardware issue I would consider in this case contacting Sony service at:

http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/contactUs/

I hope can be useful.

I'm at disposal for any question.

Best Regards,

"We can have anything we want on life, if we just help others to found what they need” - Ebelsain Villegas