account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Screen covered with green and blue pixels (visible on dark colors)

Visitor
Message 11 of 41
Message 11 of 41

Re: Screen covered with green and blue pixels (visible on dark colors)

I also started to have many dead pixels on the black background after 1 month of usage. It looks like a scattered dots of diffrent colours all over the screen. I took the tablet to the service and they issued me a paper that my  device was bended and my guarantee was forfeit. I never bended it and never dropped and there is absolutely no visible damage on the screen or the body.

Then I complained to russian branch of Xperia care. They made an "investigation" (requested the same information from the same service :smileyangry:) and also issued a refusal. What kind of investigation is it??? they should at least make another check of the device in a diffrent place.

I never expected this from SONY.

SUX!

One time poster
Message 12 of 41
Message 12 of 41

I encounter the same problem. I bought my Z2 tablet 16GB from the Singapore Sony Store. I got it for one month and the same pixel problem appeared. 

I send it in for servicing at the Singapore Sony care centre at 313 somerset outlet.. One week went by and nothing happened. The service was bad, no reply from the customer care or technician. They gave me a website so i can check the status of the servicing but all it shown on the page was pending.. one full week and still pending. I had to call them once and asked them what happened, the Sony personal over the line could only say they can check and get back to me. The next day i called again to check if any technician has even start and immediately right after that they called me to go down to collect. Turn out they are giving me a new tablet. And the screen protector was not refund to me as they said that the device was still in the service centre.. had to buy a new one for myself.

Such a disappointment in the servicing.. and now the current one i am holding as the same freaking problem.. also i notice the corners of the screen has some yellowish hue.

Regular
Message 13 of 41
Message 13 of 41

Same issue here for the Wifi version bought in the UK.

Am about to send it in for assessment, but very concerned reading the issues here.  Defintiely not a one-off issue.

And it's right in the centre of the screen.  Had it been dotted (no pun intended) around the edges, that would be different but it's in the full field of view.

Does the same thing happen on the phones?  I was considering getting an unlocked Z3, but I'm wary now, and much will depend on how this is handled.

20140915_130543.jpg

Apprentice
Message 14 of 41
Message 14 of 41

I had the same issues. 
Brought back the tablet to the seller, he specified in the issues description "spot on the screen" well... That's a verry acurrate description. I hope repair center will try a black screen on they screen diagnostics. 

Rookie
Message 15 of 41
Message 15 of 41

i bought my tablet 3 month ago in iran and after one month i saw the green dots. i went to store that bought my tablet he test lcd by inter code and told me there is no dead pixel so i go to sony and they told me it's probably caused by sony life coloure technology but not sure and let me know as soon as posible. even theirs tablet that use to show pepole had this issu !!!! i think sony must do anything for this problem

Rookie
Message 16 of 41
Message 16 of 41

My Z2 tablet has this effect on it now. Got the extended warranty.

If they're fixing this issue under warranty, I'll get the ball rolling, but if they're (Sony) denying it's a fault, then ... what?

Anyone get a z2 tablet with this issue fixed on warranty in the uk?

Adviser
Message 17 of 41
Message 17 of 41

Have same problem with these dots on display. Service centre changed 4 times display and after some time (couple weeks or after month) those dots appear again. Now I'm trying to get my money back. Display in Z2 tablet **bleep**.DSC_0001.JPG

One time poster
Message 18 of 41
Message 18 of 41

i too now have the same problem after only a few months of use. Can only be seen whilst watching a video during dark pictures what can i do? 

Was there a firmware upgrade that has made this happen recently???

One time poster
Message 19 of 41
Message 19 of 41

1. I have also just noticed the pixels. I dont know how long the have been there since they are only noticable on dark baggrunds, but I updated the tablet a week ago or something like that and now I suddenly see the pixels...
One time poster
Message 20 of 41
Message 20 of 41

So is this a firmware issue do we think?

Reports of multiple screens being replaced, but the issue persisting would suggest so,

I can't remember seeing these speckles before 4.4.4, I might enquire over on xda.

Wondering if maybe someone had speckles, then perhaps installed a community ROM like CM, perhaps the speckles went away?