account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Screen covered with green and blue pixels (visible on dark colors)

Learner
Message 1 of 41
Message 1 of 41

Screen covered with green and blue pixels (visible on dark colors)

Hello,

I have this tablet since beginning of April, and since few days I've noticed the little dots on the top of the screen.

From far away it looks like dust behind the screen, but by having a closer look, it's like pixels that stay green and blue when the rest of the image is dark.

It's very visible when I'm using the tablet with no lights around me.

i've tried to restart the tablet, and even when It's loading with the SONY sign, I have that!

what should I do ? Did people had that issue before ?

(BTW, The screen is also unresponsive when plugged to charge)

40 REPLIES 40
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 41
Message 2 of 41

Re: Screen issue when black

Ive not seen that issue before but i currently have an issue where the screen wont respond to touch when waking, but thats a seperate issue.

I would get an exchange from where ever you bought it.

Sam
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 41
Message 3 of 41

Hi sebsmax and welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines.

In this case as it is almost certainly a hardware issue I would advise speaking with your local Xperia Care team to arrange an assessment of your device.

sony_logo126x24.gif
What are your thoughts about this forum? Let us know by doing this short survey.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 4 of 41
Message 4 of 41

Hello Sam,

I've bought my tablet on the official website of Sony with an extended warranty....

Despite the fact that I have to do everything by myself, like contacting the company that is dealing with the reparation...and sending the tablet in another country so it gets repaired. They can't tell me when I'll get it back and if it will be taken in the warranty.

I'll have to pay the transportation and won't get reimbursed for it!

So that's why I wanted to check before if it was a common issue with the screen, and if it was a hardware issue or a software issue. I'm using that tablet to develop games on it, so I can't afford to not to have it for months.

I was very happy with it, but having the screen covered with little dots after 4 months of use... it's quite disappointing!

Inhabitant
Message 5 of 41
Message 5 of 41

you will be even more unhappy when you start getting the touch screen issues then Slightly frowning Face

Im currently wondering if i should send mine back for a full refund, i have already had one replecement, loads of people have this touch issue but sony dont seem to be able to let us know if they know what is causing it, or if they can fix it.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 41
Message 6 of 41

If he doesn't have touchscreen issue from the start, he probably will not get them later either.

Try not to smear out the touch screen issues too much on the internet, if the sales flop later on, Sony might drop support and updates for the device prematurally like they did with the Acro S and some other handsets

Adept
Message 7 of 41
Message 7 of 41

I have encountered this problem with my Xperia Z2 Tablet (SGP512, 32GB/WiFi, running Build 17.1.1.A.0.402), too. The blue and green pixels sprinkled all over the screen can only be seen when a black or dark coloured background is enabled and the environment is dark, too, but nevertheless it's quite annoying.

Moreover the screen looks really yellowish in comparison with the one of my Xperia M (with white balance on default settings or even with blue turned up to 50 or 75 points). And if that isn't enough there seems to be a smudgy yellow veil around the rim of the screen, which can be seen when the there's a light background, e.g. inside the settings (then you can moreover see two yellow spots in the bottom left corner since the navigation bar turns from black to a light grey), applications with light background or the homescreen with default Xperia theme enabled. I've bought the tablet in March this year but cannot say, whether this problems are new or whether I just haven't noticed them until now.

Learner
Message 8 of 41
Message 8 of 41

Re: Screen covered with green and blue pixels (visible on dark colors)

I finally manage to get a picture of the screen that shows the problem (it's easyier because it got worst Winking Face ) :

IMG20140728151028.jpg

One time poster
Message 9 of 41
Message 9 of 41

Hello. I buy my sgp512 in russian sony.store at 4 april 2014. Now a have that problem to. Many green and blue dots on screen. What i must to do?

Learner
Message 10 of 41
Message 10 of 41

I have the same problem although mine is less visible, mostly during dark backgrounds.

Sent mine on service and they sent it back doing nothing, except claming that they did a software upgrade (which is a lie since I did it before I sent it in). 

Called Xperia Support again and this will probably result in that I have to send it in again. Blah.