account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Screen burn issue while pressing the power button after Lollipop update

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Screen burn issue while pressing the power button after Lollipop update

Hi,

I would want to bring  an issue to Sony's and all the Z2 users' notice that I am trying to observe a display burn in issue on pressing the power button while unlocking the phone a lot of times and this usually happens when I have set the brightness to adaptive. When I press the power button to unlock the screen, the colors burn for a second and the backlight comes to life with all the real colors the next second. Its been happening quite a lot now and now I am atleast able to figure out that adaptive brightness is the culprit here. I am not sure is this another bug that sony needs to fix in lollipop or what it is? But just to mention, I have recently clean formatted my phone using the repair phone method on Sony PC companion and it has not helped me solve this issue. Lollipop is seriously making life bitter in a lot of ways than being sweet atleast for Z2 users like me. Any answers Sony? We would love to see the almost flawless Z2 back as it was on Kitkat 4.4.4.

1 REPLY 1
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Screen burn issue while pressing the power button after Lollipop update