account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Same old battery issue

Talent
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: Same old battery issue

Try "uninstall updates" for google play services. The phone may be a little less smart but mostly only for google stuff. It's just google enhancing their vending experience at the expense of your battery.

Dave

Talent
Message 12 of 15
Message 12 of 15

Is there a fault with the battery or am I missing something Try "uninstall updates" to google play services. It's just google enhancing their vending experience at the expense of your battery. Dave
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 13 of 15
Message 13 of 15

I am also getting a very low battery backup, I am using greenify will all apps hibernated and with only 2 hours of game play and using few apps and wifi on for sometime , the phone hardly lasts for 1 day.

May be should have gone for any local brand brand phone like micromax or xolo .

Talent
Message 14 of 15
Message 14 of 15

Tell me one think. Regardless of battery draining, how much time you need to charge your phone from less than 10% to 100%?
Enthusiast
Message 15 of 15
Message 15 of 15

I have this exact same problem for 7 months. Sometimes standby drain is okay but most times its like this (really crap) even when the phone is reset to factory defaults and nothing installed.

Turning wifi off makes no difference at all, I found the only way to improve it to restart phone and avoid playstore.

Having said that, yesterday was the only day since I got this phone that I could use playstore then let the phone standby without the drain starting, it remained at around 1% per hour. I don't know if this was a fluke or perhaps a play services update was released.

This is what I recommend to get bests standby time on SP

#1 Disable Stamina mode, this does not help at all. If anything makes battery life worse, unless your phone is full of active apps in standby

#2 Restart phone often especially after recharge and don't update apps from playstore unless you have to

#3 Leave all default apps enabled. I tried this, disabling 1 by 1 but it never helped. Yesterday when the problem seemed resolved, I had 0 apps disabled.

#4 Say a prayer at night Slightly smiling Face