account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

SONY XPERIA SP WONT TURN ON!

One time poster
Message 1 of 13
Message 1 of 13

SONY XPERIA SP WONT TURN ON!

I just bought my sony xperia sp and on the first day i had it i tried to update it. i turned it of and it wouldnt turn back on. When i try to turn it on it comes up with sony then turns itself back off. Help me please.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Demigod
Message 2 of 13
Message 2 of 13

Re: SONY XPERIA SP WONT TURN ON!

Try this first:

Check page 11 in the manual:

http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/c5302/userguide_EN_C5302-C5303-C5306_3_Android4.1.pdf

Remove the back cover.

Press and hold down the OFF button using the tip of a pen or a similar object.

The device turns off automatically.

Do not use overly sharp objects that could damage the OFF button.

If problem persists you can do a repair of the phone software via Sony PC Companion:

Click on this link to get Sony PC companion:

http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/

Start PC companion, start "Support Zone", start "Update phone software" and click on "Repair".

Follow the on-screen instructions.

One time poster
Message 3 of 13
Message 3 of 13

Henke, im having the same issue but my wont just won't turn on at all, I turned it off after a uptade and it won't turn back on. Help!

Rookie
Message 4 of 13
Message 4 of 13

i have the same problem but this doesn't seem to work...

Message 5 of 13
Message 5 of 13

Try to remove the back cover,press the off switch,above the led strip.

http://www.xperiablog.net/2013/04/06/xperia-sp-manual-now-available/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Rookie
Message 6 of 13
Message 6 of 13

i have tried that but it still does the same thing.. should i take it to the repair shop?

Message 7 of 13
Message 7 of 13

Yes,if still having issues.

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 8 of 13
Message 8 of 13

I have the same sort of problem just bought it from Gumtree and guy was saying it is perfectly fine but it didn't turn out well when I switch it on it just went saying Sony Xperia and then just did the wave stuff and repeated it self still doing the same thing
Visitor
Message 9 of 13
Message 9 of 13

Please can someone help by the way I have a sony xperia sp
Message 10 of 13
Message 10 of 13

Hello HENKE!

I Have exact problem! I´ve tried it all! Nothing works! For pc companion to work, phone had to be responsive! Thats exactly the issue, the led is red all the time... it blinks if we press the power button, and stays red(week red) if attached to charger! Sometimes(spontaniaslly) still with red led, screen flashes for a few seconds the sony logo, but thats all! Nothing makes it wake up! The off button in the back, doesn´t even make it vibrate! Its dead!! Dont see a solution... Slightly frowning Face

Bought it in december 17th, but only using it since Xmas night!