account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

SMS mixed with previously recieved ones

5qr
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

SMS mixed with previously recieved ones

Hi.

I am experiencing quite an odd problem when texting. It happens around three to four times a week and apparently at random.

Sometimes when i recieve a text message, the first half of the message is fine, but then - as i have come to realise - the second half has been pasted from a random message that i have recieved from that person sometime in the past. At first i thought people was writing me jibberish, because unaware of the issue i didnt recognize the previously recieved part of the message. In addition, when this happens, sometimes the following messages I recieve are completely blank, and i have also been told that some of the replies i have returned were blank. 

My software is up to date and i am running the standard sms-app.

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: SMS mixed with previously recieved ones

Try settings-apps-all-messages,force stop and clear data. Keep an eye on it and see how it goes.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Hi 5qr,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines

Is this only happening to one conversation or is this all contacts?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

5qr
Visitor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Thank you, ill give it a try Slightly smiling Face

Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Keep us updated.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.