account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

SD card not working in phone

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

SD card not working in phone

My xperia isn't a year yet, only got it in April, and when I got it, everything was fine.
Bought a 32 gig SD card for it, was fine for a couple months. However, a couple months back, my phone started to tell me that my SD card was unreadable.
I had an xperia j not too long before that and had this problem before.
I know the SD card is still functional, because I can access the files on other devices. So, I was wondering if there was anything I could do that wouldn't involve sending my phone away?
Would also like to mention that I contacted Sony, who have yet to get back to me.

Poor customer service.
4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: SD card not working in phone

Hi tibbym,

Welcome to the community,

Have you tested any other SD cards in the device to see what happens? maybe a friend or family members.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I have, but it's still saying the same thing. 

Forum Legend
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

Hi,

To me, this sounds related to the memory card reader in your phone since you experience same behaviour with another SD-card. You can always try to perform a software repair using PC Companion to see if it can help, but I think your phone needs to be examined by a technician at an authorized service center.

You can contact your Local support for information about nearest service center and/or how to proceed with this in the best possible way.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Good afternoon! My m2 dual does not connect micro sd 32Gb. The laptop connects this card. Other cards phone connects automatically