account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

SD card just died on Xperia Z

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

SD card just died on Xperia Z

Hi Sony,

Just want to report back that my 32GB sd card have died. The phone came up with a message saying that the sd card have been unmounted unexpectedly.

I then took out the card and re-inserted it, the phone does not reconise it any more.  I tried putting the card into the PC, it doesn't work either.

Looks like others on the forum have the same issue.

I'm running Android 4.2.2, build number 10.3.1.A.0244.

I just want to report the issue.

Regards,

Joseph

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: SD card just died on Xperia Z

Sometimes this happen, that an SD card stop working 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: SD card just died on Xperia Z

My girlfriend got this problem a few months ago but didn't realise that the sd card stopped working.

I got this problem about 2 weeks ago on my own xperia z. I haven't had the chance to test the sd card on a computer yet. A quick online search shows that a lot of people are experiencing this problem with sd cards suddenly failing when using the xperia z (variety of brands/capacity) but that sony has not yet officially addressed, acknowledged or responded to this issue.

It would be good to know whether I can safely put a new sdcard and start using it without it suddenly dying and making me lose all my data.

also, I can't seem to find where or who to contact to send my xperia z for warrany purposes? any pointers?