account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

SD Card corrupted

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

SD Card corrupted

I have an xpreria m for 1 month now however this past day while taking some pictures an unknown error is popping out then eventually corrupting the whole sd card. It can no longer be seen in the phone as well as on my laptop. Even tried to use an sd card adapter to directly connect it to my laptop but it would take at most 10 minutes to be recognized and I cannot format it. The bad thing is that when I don't know the problem, I tried to insert another sd card on my xperia and when it can't read the sd card too, it also corrupted it. This other sd card is working fine on my blackberry but just few minutes inserted in my xperia m, it got corrupted luckily it is not as bad as my first sd card as I have already formatted it on my computer. Is this an issue regarding the phone or firmware? 

10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: SD Card corrupted

That seems to be your SD card acting up not your phone 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

For both? I think not as the sd card from my blackberry is working fine but that only instance that I inserted it on my xperia m, it was corrupted but now I formatted it and it is working now. However the sd card that was bought along with the xperia m is now fully corrupted. If it's the card's problem, why is it working with my other devices? I don't want to insert my working sd card again on my xperia m to test again

Rookie
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

anyone? will formatting the phone repair this?

Emperor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

backup everything on the SD card and the reformat the SD card 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Rookie
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

yea i will try that but still the problem of inserting it again on my xperia m. It may be corrupted again.

Emperor
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

I still think its the SD card, perhaps you need a new SD card 

Rookie
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Both my sd card are not the same brand, one is kingston and one is sandisk. What brand of sd card do you think would work? Because if the problem is my sd card, why is my sandisk sd card working on my other devices ( galaxy tab 2, galaxy s duos and blackberry ) but corrupted just inserting for 2 minutes on my xperia m? I can do this again and risk my last working sd card to prove that the xperia will corrupt my sd card again if I inserted it again. Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes 

Rookie
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

Does it have to do with the 4.3 jellybeen firmware?

Emperor
Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Stop by your local Sony Xperia Care

http://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/support/contact-us/