account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Review of great .205 FW (Pros & Cons)

Rookie
Message 101 of 120
Message 101 of 120

Re: Review of great .205 FW (Pros & Cons)

I. Upgraded to 205 and most of the bugs are fixed however the overheating still happening for me and I have all the power saving option turned off.it only happens when I am using certain apps
Message 102 of 120
Message 102 of 120

I wish I could post my review of this firmware but since I am a UK customer with an unbranded phone I have been reading about 4.3 releases for the last six months without being able to use them.

Talent
Message 103 of 120
Message 103 of 120

Just flash ftf file with flashtool...

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 104 of 120
Message 104 of 120

Build 12.1.A.1.205. Video Recording - FIXED

Even though there nothing has changed with the camera - snapshot, but I have to admit that video recording is now so much much much better than build 12.1.A.1.201 was. I just noticed it. Good job, Sony! Thanks.
Message 105 of 120
Message 105 of 120

Update: My touch problem is gone(top part of screen not working) ..I gave my phone for servicing and they changed my display panel.Now everything works fine..If anyone else has a same problem then my advice would be to get your phone repaired.
Coming back to .205, my phone feels considerably faster after the update..apps and games launch time is improved..now I can make and receive calls much easily
One time poster
Message 106 of 120
Message 106 of 120

Thought I'd just register to this forum to share my experience.

When the previous update came through, I installed it without thinking too much about it & then went through a couple of months of swearing at the phone, willing it to stop the 'lagging' issues, speaking to Sony's so-called helpline & eventually deciding I could (just about) live with the appalling lag - if all else failed, I could always clone the SIM & go back to my old Blackberry.

Then the 205 notification came through & this time I searched & found this forum to see if could resolve the issues. After reading a few posts/threads I decided to go ahead & installed 205 last night.

My SP is now as smooth as a smooth thing covered in satin & as zippy as a very zippy thing indeed. All the lag is gone, apps worth that much faster, browsing is super quick & maps take no time at all to load.

With me, it was just the lag issue (which trust me, was bad enough) - no overheating or flickering screen, but from my own experience, I would recommend the 205 update.

BTW - I'm not going to say thanks to Sony for fixing the bug - it shouldn't have happened in the first place!

Apprentice
Message 107 of 120
Message 107 of 120

so far for me works fine..except one thing ..at times my phone goes like dark black freezing image getting darker for no reason and then comes back ..I tried with Bravia Engine on and off thought that might be problem but still the same happens at times and also specially after long time usage chatting or browsing .Viber still **bleep** but guess that is viber problem ..any suggestions what should I do with my phone so that dark screen will not happen is kinda annoying when stays like that few seconds and can't use

Enthusiast
Message 108 of 120
Message 108 of 120

Hi everybody.

U R right the update 205 is better than the 201 . I hope there would be more updates to improve the phone more and more. Something like the Kit kat. I only had 163 % of free ram. I heard that kit kat will increase the free ram. Is right or not?

Thanks

Talent
Message 109 of 120
Message 109 of 120

I must say that .205 is overall good in all aspect from the .201, but still there are cons in the .205 update like the own picture once again is not getting diplayed in messages,

2: wifi is constantly losing connection even when I'm sitting right next to te router..!!

3: While on  a call if I press any key to choose an option from IVR menu the pressed key doesn't get displayed..

Adept
Message 110 of 120
Message 110 of 120

It uses more processor clock step frequency on interaction, the effect is more faster respon and more heat on interaction include draining more battery juice on interaction. Beside that more better memory management