account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Replay audio recordings

Visitor
Message 11 of 22
Message 11 of 22

Re: Replay audio recordings

Additional info,

I just realized the problem is not there for every recording.

After some looking it seems to be limited to recordings that are 16bit AAC LC Stereo recordings. I don't have the same problem when the recordings are stored 16bit WAV.

I never consciously recorded the various interviews differently so not sure whether it is possible to convert the files from AAC to WAV?

Simon

Message 12 of 22
Message 12 of 22

I think there are even online converters, perhaps you can try one like this?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 13 of 22
Message 13 of 22

Will try it out and let you know, I'm uploading one recording to dropbox now.

It seems that of the 4 different recording types that exist only the 'superior music, lossless' stores the files as WAV. All the rest are stored as the pretty useless AAC LC format which is surprising. 

Message 14 of 22
Message 14 of 22

I am not that good with sound file types, I know only general stuff. Nauseated Face

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 15 of 22
Message 15 of 22

That sounds strange. Does this happen also for new recordings you make when it's set to either medium or basic quality?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 16 of 22
Message 16 of 22

It is strange indeed. It happens with all AAC recordings but not for the much larger WAV recordings. So only the 'lossless superior music' option on the Z5 actually is useful. The others cannot be interrupted when replayed on the phone.
Yet when transferring them.to Dropbox and playing the files.on windows media player then it becomes suddenly possible to ▶ ⏪ and forward...

So it's truly a phone or app problem
Sony Xperia Support
Message 17 of 22
Message 17 of 22

This doesn't happen when i test this in my Z5 so i'm not sure what could cause this.

Which build number do you have in your phone? You can see this under Settings -> About phone.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 18 of 22
Message 18 of 22

32.0.A.6.152

Thanks for your help btw
!
Sony Xperia Support
Message 19 of 22
Message 19 of 22

That may be the difference. The phone i have is updated to 32.0.A.6.200. Have you checked for updates from Settings -> About phone -> Software update?

But this happens for any recordings you make on medium or basic quality? I only tested shorter recordings, less than a minute. In these, pause/forward/rewind works fine.

Visitor
Message 20 of 22
Message 20 of 22

Hi,

Took a while to check but my phone says my SW is up to date. I tried shorter and longer recordings. Both work fine for wav but none work for AAC. So perhaps it's a device specific problem. I have an outstanding question submitted.to Sony's customer service department. Maybe they faced this problem before?

Simon