account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Replay audio recordings

Visitor
Message 1 of 22
Message 1 of 22

Replay audio recordings

HI,

I am trying to replay some interviews I recorded with my Sony Xperia Z5. For reasons completely unclear to me, everytime I stop the replay it automatically restarts from the beginning. It thus seems like it is impossible to pause replay let alone rewind. Is this normal and if so, firstly, and more importantly, is there a way to transfer the recordings to an actually usable software or format. A recording that always must be listened to in its entirety is less userfriendly then a cassette and an LP. It can't be that Sony has regressed this much that its recording technology is truly ancient... What am I missing?

Sjds

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Message 2 of 22
Message 2 of 22

Re: Replay audio recordings

Have you downloaded the audio recorder from sony mobile?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 22
Message 3 of 22

There was an audio recording app uploaded when I bought the phone. I assumed it is the one from Sony but not sure.

Message 4 of 22
Message 4 of 22

I am not sure if it is the same, can you check on google play by searching for it?

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Visitor
Message 5 of 22
Message 5 of 22

The one I have is the Sony one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sonymobile.androidapp.audiorecorder&hl=en 

I don't think this is the standard android version...

sjds

Message 6 of 22
Message 6 of 22

Yes, this is the one I am talking about. In this one, you should be able to pause and also see recordings if you swipe left.

Visitor
Message 7 of 22
Message 7 of 22

That is what I figured but unfortunately not how it works for me. 

regardless what I try. From the moment I scroll forward or backward or pause a replay it just jumps back to 0:00:00. It's like a cassette you can't forward or backward Slightly frowning Face

Message 8 of 22
Message 8 of 22

And if you stop a recording, can you find them in the next panel to the right?

Visitor
Message 9 of 22
Message 9 of 22

Yes that is no problem. I'm listening to recordings I made over the last few weeks. I saved them all (changed the name as well) and just stored them. None of this seems to be related to my replay problem.

Message 10 of 22
Message 10 of 22

Make sure to have a backup of all your recordings. Go to settings-apps-all, look for the app, force stop and clear data. Check how it is.