account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Remote Play Connection Issues - WiFi / Bluetooth Conflict / Interference?

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 1 of 132
Message 1 of 132

Remote Play Connection Issues - WiFi / Bluetooth Conflict / Interference?

I have been looking forward to this feature on my Z3c and it was finally released yesterday. Connecting to my PS4 and using the touch screen controls works flawlessly. However, as soon as I connect my DualShock 4 via Bluetooth, lag and connection issues occur. Turn off Bluetooth, and everything is fine again.

I experienced a simular issue with a Moga Bluetooth controller a few weeks ago - after it was paired with my device, my Wifi connections became intermittant and unstable, even when the device was disconnected. Eventually fixed the issue by deleting the controller pairing from the Bluetooth settings.

My point is, is there an issue with Bluetooth and Wifi conflicting with each other? I have tried changing settings on the router but I am convinced the issue is on my phone. Bluetooth works fine, Wifi is fine, but both together I believe there is an issue.

Does anyone else experience the same problem, or have a fix? I was looking forward to Remote Play with a DS4 but at the moment it is unplayable.

131 REPLIES 131
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 132
Message 2 of 132

Re: Remote Play Connection Issues - WiFi / Bluetooth Conflict / Interference?

Sorry to hear that you're having issues with the performance.

Do you know if your access point uses 2.4 or 5GHz? For best performance you should have an access point that supports 5GHz and connect to that band. Bluetooth also uses 2.4GHz so it might affect the performance of 2.4GHz WiFi.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 132
Message 3 of 132

Thanks Rickard,

I have a standard Sky Broadband ADSL router - this only uses the 2.4Ghz band Slightly frowning Face

Does this mean that one of the main reasons I switched to the Xperia Z3c is unusable unless I purchase a new Dual Band router? There are no workarounds, such as connecting the contoller via the USB cable?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 132
Message 4 of 132

For best performance you need another router (or an accesspoint that you connect to your existing router using a cable).

What you can try is to change the channel width in your router to 40Mhz and change channel. But if there are more wireless networks in range your router will probably not allow you to use 40Mhz channel width. 

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 5 of 132
Message 5 of 132

Have the exact same problem, i loose connection all the time and have that network icon that is about to loose its connection...

Also have the 2.4 on my router.. 

Kinda boring to by another one, expensive stuff i guess.....

Regular
Message 6 of 132
Message 6 of 132

Hi

Would this router work out you think? ive got an 100 down and 10 up connection...

http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTN66U/

Regards

Sony Xperia Support
Message 7 of 132
Message 7 of 132

Looking at its specifications i can't see why it would not work. It supports both 2.4 and 5GHz.

Adviser
Message 8 of 132
Message 8 of 132

I looking forward to receive my Z3 Tablet tomorrow. I bought it specialy for remote play. I can see there are some issues already with users using SKY broadband. Unfortunatley I am one of the Slightly frowning Face   I've got   SKy Hub SR101 and I am assuming that with Z3 tabelet I will have same problems like with Z3 mobile phones people has.

Is there any cheap way of making the device to work on SKY broadband -- I don't really want to spend another 60-80 pounds extra just to get double band router . I've got powerline TP-Link 300Mbps AV500 WiFi can that make a difference?

Also I know that SKY routers are protected with passwords which are not easy to access - basicly just trying to work out how to enjoy remote play with DS4  tomorrow.

Regards

Adviser
Message 9 of 132
Message 9 of 132

Carlstein
Would you let us know if change to Asus router has solved the problem, please ..
Thanks
Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 132
Message 10 of 132

@pit77

I recommend that you first try it with your existing access point/router. Remote Play also works over 2.4GHz but WiFi performande depends on many factors like the access point, reception, channel width, other networks and devices that transmits on the same band (for example bluetooth devices, baby monitors, micro waves, wireless keyboards). With a 5GHz access point it's less likely to have performance issues as this band usually less crowded.