account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Regarding Jelly Bean Android 4.1 (Share your opinion)

One time poster
Message 1 of 17
Message 1 of 17

Regarding Jelly Bean Android 4.1 (Share your opinion)

This is my opinion about Sony not giving us the Jelly Bean update.

Maybe they won't care but hear this.

My phone, the Xperia Mini Pro, is a very good phone that I'm very proud to have. It is currently running Android 4.1 from FXP and it is just superb! Way better than ICS! (Not lying!) However, they stopped the development for the 2011 line-up because Sony is too selfish to even provide codes and camera libs to the the developer to help FXP with the development. That's is why I'm writing this.

Actually I was planning to get myself a Xperia S next year because it just looks very good with all the specs and design. I was also a fan of Sony, but, hearing the news of an one year old phone getting left out from this major update really scared me off. I immedietly change my mind to buy LG Nexus 4, even if that means I need to ship it from USA (I'm from Malaysia). Why do I change my mind? Because I got a very good feeling that Xperia 2012 line-up will not get Android 5.0.

This poor software update really pissed me off, so I hope Sony will reconsider.

PS: If anyone is interested to have Android 4.1 on their phone and don't mind sacrifice the front camera. Message me and I will guide you the best I can.

16 REPLIES 16
Emperor
Message 2 of 17
Message 2 of 17

Re: Regarding Jelly Bean Android 4.1 (Share your opinion)

you can post the link to the XDA Forum so they can flash a Custom ROM with JB

Don't forget to mark the Correct Answers & Helpful Answers

unrelated topic, if you have some time please check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 3 of 17
Message 3 of 17

You're wasting your time if you're hoping for anything but subterfuge and abuse from Sony's reps on this forum.  

The simple fact is that Sony signed-up to something called the Android Alliance and - as part of that - they PROMISED to provide updates for at least 18 months for these phones - and used that claim to entice people into spending their money buying Sony phones rather than those of other, reputable manufacturers.   They then claimed that they could not meet that promise because it was NEVER within their powers to do so - the network operators and just about everyone else were actually the ones who controlled the updates.  The whole thing was a marketing scam by sony - they knew they could never deliver on that promise and they still went ahead and made it.

I'll say this very simply and plainly - so Sony's lawyers have all the ammo they need - cos I'd love to see them try the sames tactics there that they've used on customers in this forum....

SONY LIED TO THE PUBLIC AND THEIR UPDATE CLAIMS ARE A SCAM.

PS...

GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK YOU CROOKS.

PPS - try a google search for "sony bankrupt 2012" - you'll soon see that the way they've treated us is not unusual for sony and the experts in the finance markets are predicting that sony will soon be out of business - almost entirely because sony have an appalling track-record of abusing customers.   That's very obvious here - where they pay people to insult customers.

Filth.

Emperor
Message 4 of 17
Message 4 of 17

I agree with you in some way check this thread

http://talk.sonymobile.com/message/244522#244522

Sony mobile made money for Sony, but yet, sony is not focusing as much as they should on this users, us.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 5 of 17
Message 5 of 17

I play nice until someone annoys me - and having some jumped-up cretin edit my posts and call me "stupid" for criticising the way sony have LIED and SCAMMED over their upgrade schedules has certainly annoyed me.

I could - for example - point out the FACT that sony ILLEGALLY installed rootkits onto millions of computers in 2005 and their scumbag president insulted millions of people when he spewed his infamous garbage that "Most people, I think, don't even know what a rootkit is, so why should they care about it?" - FILTH.

I might even point out that sony tried to gag PlayStation owners in 2011 - by furtively adding a term to their T&C's which tried to prevent PS owners from bringing class-action suits against the company when they had been SCAMMED - just two previous examples of sony and their scumbag staff lying and abusing paying customers.

Now they are trying another SCAM to try to force people to give sony access to their pc's for no justifiable reason - and we are supposed to trust lying, data-thieving FILTH.   Other manufacturers notify updates - including major updates - to the phone without requiring people to log into a site like this - which sets 46 cookies for some reason - or else tries to force you to constantly connect your phone to their servers using their software - and God only knows what data they are grabbing through that method.

I coud mention those those things - and a few dozen others - but I won't.

Oops - too late.

Simple truth is that sony have a track record of abusing and lying to customers. They have a record of making false promises and of STEALING data.  They have been successfully sued many times for their dirty tactics and are now on the edg eof bankruptcy because the public are sick to death of this company and the vile way they treat their paying customers.

Me - I just want what I was told I would get for my money - or I want that money repaid in full so I can buy a working phone from a reputable company.

Emperor
Message 6 of 17
Message 6 of 17

you brought great  points, do you care to check this thread and perhaps share more info on this

California Online Privacy Protection Act. Which personal data/information is gathered and shared by Sony?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/thread/36003

I'm still waiting for someone to contact me to give me all the info

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 7 of 17
Message 7 of 17

You should take note of this as well - http://thehackernews.com/2012/09/sony-mobile-website-hacked-by-nullcrew.html#_

According to that report, the following was recently stolen from THIS SITE and openly posted on-line...

• 441 Members Username with Email Addresses
  • 24 User names with Hashed password from Think_Users table
  • 3 Admin user data from admin_user table

Seems that sony stores personal information in unencrypted formats such that a hacker gaining access to the server can harvest the data directly - placing us at risk.  They then failed to adequately secure their servers - allowing someone to steal registration data of hundreds of people who use this forum - right in the middle of sony repeatedly forcing people to use this forum daily just to try and get an Android update that should have been made available months previously to all 2011 xperia owners.

Yet another reason why people should be very worried by sony's attempt to now force thousands of people to repeatedly connect their pc's to sony's servers using sony's software.

Incidentally - did I miss it or did sony forget to inform us on this forum that our private information had been stolen?  Did they advise people here that they needed to think about changing their email addresses - or at least changing their registration details for this site?

Emperor
Message 8 of 17
Message 8 of 17

wow, that's crazy

http://pastebin.com/tr3iWBn6

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 17
Message 9 of 17

To quote from the message those hackers left for sony...

"Sony, we are dearly dissapointed in your security.  This is just one of eight sony servers that we hve control of.   Maybe, just maybe considering IP addresses are avaliable.  Maybe, just maybe it's the fact that not even your customers can trust you.  Or maybe, just maybe the fact that you can not do anything correct technologically."

Message 10 of 17
Message 10 of 17

Hey just have a look at this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K60mNvDVZlo

Can we expect something surprisingly good from Sony...???