account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Rebooting issue for Sony Xperia SP

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Rebooting issue for Sony Xperia SP

Hello, I recently made the mistake of rooting my Sony Xperia SP (Sony C5306 4.1.2 12.0.A.1.284) And now it is constantly rebooting, I was wondering if anyone is able to help me with this problem. 

3 REPLIES 3
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Rebooting issue for Sony Xperia SP

Remove the SIM card and restart your phone, if it doesn't reboot then the problem it's caused by the SIM card.
Phy
Forum Legend
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

If the rebooting issue continue then repair your phone with Sony PC Companion.

Sony PC Companion.
http://support.sonymobile.com/us/tools/pc-companion/
Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

It is a common issue on some firmwares where rooting causes reboots due to mounting issues, happened to me on 4.1.2 as well but not 4.3. Anyway check this out to fix it. The download link does not work but I have uploaded the fix for you here. Download it asap as the link is only valid for a week. After this is done you can enjoy root without any problems. :smileysmileywink:

Smartphones:

Xperia X10 mini pro, Xperia X8, Xperia Live with Walkman, Xperia L & Xperia SP