account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Reboot-loop when restarting device after lollipop update

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 31 of 41
Message 31 of 41

Re: Brah I updated my phone and it won't stop restarting

Hi pleaseworkmrphone,

Welcome to the community! Since you're new please be sure that you have checked out our Discussion guidelines

This could possibly be related to an SD card or SIM, have you tried removing them both and then trying to turn the device on?

Let us know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 32 of 41
Message 32 of 41

I have the same problem, I manage to make PCC run the repair mode, everything goes smoothly there but after the OS is instaled is keep on restarting every 30 seconds one minute, i don;t use an SD card and i tried without SIM but the problem persist. So i am asking if there is any way of instaling back kitkat using PCC and not loosing my waranty.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian

Edit: 2h later, i set ultra stamina mode and it seems is working correctly, except the camera that sometimes crash but the phone is not turning off, any ideas what can cause the normal mode to reboot?

Message 33 of 41
Message 33 of 41

Nope, this hasn't worked either. PCC doesn't work in any way because my phone can't even connect, and I'm at a bit of a loss here. 

Learner
Message 34 of 41
Message 34 of 41

Re: Reboot-loop when restarting device after lollipop update

I think what some support people on here fail to grasp is the basics of analytical trouble shooting or the process of elimination. Being an embedded software engineer and having a Sony Z3 which has these problems, (constant reboot, locking up, display errors before reboot) All have ONE thing in common, that is the upgrade to Android 5 Lollipop. That's the common denominator here. People have or don't have SD cards of varying sizes, SIMs from multiple providers... How can ALL these SIMs and SD cards be faulty? The issue is Android 5 and on the Z3 and not enough unit testing, integration testing of the OS on the device prior to release, if there was then this situation where the reputation of Sony is being ranished wouldnt be occurring. I suggest Sony get real, admit their fault, and work on a solution which ISN'T around SD Cards or SIM that's just a red herring. Come on Sony sort it!!!
One time poster
Message 35 of 41
Message 35 of 41

OK, just been asked to upgrade mine for Lolipop 5.1 and it now comes up with the Sony Xepria screen, drops it down then comes up with this agian. I have it attached to my PC, it will charge the battery but Sony Companion can not seee the phone, is there a cure for this or do I just cut my losses and go and buy an iphone?
Learner
Message 36 of 41
Message 36 of 41

I recently updated my xperia Z3 to it's latest update  23.4.A.0.546  but after update it's stuck in a boot loop. Now i can not use my phone. Tried to repair via PCC. Still stuck in a boot loop.

I just updated it to official update. What happend to my Z3 ?? Sony havent done enough testing on Z3... I read number of similar stories on Z3 after lollipop update. What are you doing SONY??? Pls give a solution for your fans... We do not blame SONY without any reason.... 

Learner
Message 37 of 41
Message 37 of 41

Okay as my phone was still wel within warranty I contacted Sony and send it off to be repaired.. I duly waited the 5 days to receive my phone back and powered it on after studying the repair sheet which said 'tested'... mmm  I thought.

It lasted 7 seconds before the fault occured again.. locked on the Sony logo just after displaying a 'white noise' screen a millisecond or so beforehand..

I contacted Sony who said they would escalate it to second or third line and put a priority escalation on the repair this time...  

So I duly sent off my Xperia Z3 again...  It  turned up today, with the assoicted 'tested' repair sheet and this time  it lasted 30 seconds before exhibiting exactly the same fault that I originally sent it off for and described in the previous paragraphs. I even sent them three sheets of colour printouts of the various stages the phone crashed at... still by the look of it ignored...

Now if you really want people to continue to buy your products Sony and have a triple AAA rating as far as after care and customer service, reliable products lines that are leading edge that everone wants to buy then THIS IS NOT the way to go about it. 

I am suitably UNHAPPY at your inability to fix this issue despite having the phone twice!!!

I shall be escalating this issue in the srongest possible terms since not having a phone for over 20 days due to this issue... which on other posts does NOT appear to be an isolated issue and smacks of some deeper error that was NOT soak tested out before product release.

A rather unhappy Sony Customer Face with Steam from Nose

Sony Xperia Support
Message 38 of 41
Message 38 of 41

I'm very sorry to hear that and i can understand your frustration when the service location havn't fixed the issue. 

In this case i recommend that you contact your local support team for assistance.

Not sure how it can pass the test at the service location with this issue. Do you see this also when a charger is connected?

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 39 of 41
Message 39 of 41

I have the same problem with my xperia z3 D6653. I followed and tried the PC Companion and still my phone keeps on rebooting. I was just watching a movie in my phone then it suddenly freezed then turned off. Tried to turn it on the boot loop started. Really having a bad time with this.

Learner
Message 40 of 41
Message 40 of 41

Hi guys, I met my local dealer and submit my phone before one month....last week he gave me a brand new complete set(Not refurbished). Problem was with battry he said. Without replacing the battry they can not solve the problem....

There fore he gave me a new set without any charge....my problem was solved