account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

Enthusiast
Message 111 of 140
Message 111 of 140

Re: Reboot loop in Xperia ZL after update to Lollipop

@Allente wrote:

I have just tried this on my xperia z http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/help/hardware-fix-xperia-z-charging-booting-t2760911

For the first time it's charging normaly. 

I will report in 3 hours if it's stable.

Yes,please tell us how it goes afterwards,too.

Adviser
Message 112 of 140
Message 112 of 140

For all the people facing the same issue go to page 14 if you don't want to read all texts and just want a solution

After doing a bit more research I found out via

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2534327

that it is a problem with the Battery Management System as discribed by CokeJunkee

At first I didn't know what it was, but after following his link to wikipedia I found out it is the electronical system that reads the voltage, the temperature, the current, the state of charge and the state of discharge. It only seems logical to me that there must have came a system error in the BMS after the update where the BMS reads the info from the thermal sensor wrong andere therefore shuts down to protect the battery from fire or explosions( only proved by all the posts on forum.xda.developers who say that their battery is showing abnormal values as -30 degrees celsius as in http://forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-z/help/hardware-fix-xperia-z-charging-booting-t2760911) and that the jumper is a solution to trick the BMS by not telling what the temperature of the battery is. The jumper isn't safe and carries the risk of an exploding  battery. The only problem is that only Sony knows how to reset the BMS so it doesn't do that.

It seems very odd to me that ONLY after update to LOLLIPOP the BMS doesn't work correct any more (maybe a software fault Rickard ?) It must be possible to write faults in the system to trick the BMS

First I REALLY wanted to believe that it was a problem of the battery, but it isn't and SONY knows that well enough. It is a problem of the BMS and SONY is fully responsible for all the malfunctioning devices.

All the battery that have been changed by SONY or by other people where only a way to install a new BMS from the battery which isn't ruined by a SONY update yet. Shame on you, SONY to do this on purpose and fool everyone that it is a problem from the battery.

It is your own problem that you know have a lot of furious customers who willnever buy a SONY product again and always remember that the truth will always come out.

I asked my dad how to fix the problem (I am only 16) and he said a possible solution was to completely reset the BMS by diconnecting it while it is connected to the power of the battery.(don't know if it is completely safe)

P.S.: I had to edit this post multiple times not to be in violation with the Discussion Guidelines, which also state that you can't tell other people experiencing the same probelm what the problem is in excatly the same way.

Learner
Message 113 of 140
Message 113 of 140

bump. The same as ever after lollipop. Its like the phone doesnt have enough power to boot.

Enthusiast
Message 114 of 140
Message 114 of 140

Yes...I think most of XZ series users should know this.

Isn't it annoying that we are using a device that is not proper functional at all.

Sorry for being rude Xperia Blind Fans ! Be aware.

Message 115 of 140
Message 115 of 140

Re: android 5.0 lolipop ruined my cell phone Xperia ZL

@uliwooly

You had the same problem with your zl xperia? as you did to make it work? 

Thanks for the support

Adviser
Message 116 of 140
Message 116 of 140

Re: android 5.0 lolipop ruined my cell phone Xperia ZL

For all the people facing the same issue go to page 14 if you don't want to read all texts and just want a solution

@mariomartinez

Don't know wheter you were talking to me or to uliwooly, but in case you were talking to me, no I didn't try it yet because it seems dangerous to me and I don't now exactly which equipment I should use to disconnect the BMS while the battery is running.

Therfore my phone still doesn't work and I still don't have a solution, for which I am sorry.

Forum Legend
Message 117 of 140
Message 117 of 140

Re: Sony Xperia ZL turned off and reboot loop

Hi,

Does the phone boot correctly if you power it on without SIM- and/or SD-card? 

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Forum Legend
Message 118 of 140
Message 118 of 140

Re: Sony Xperia ZL turned off and reboot loop

Okay, but have you also tried with a software repair via PC Companion?
http://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/tools/pc-companion/

In PC Companion you press start on Support Zone > Start on Update the phone/tablet software > Repair phone/tablet (the blue clickable link in the message) > Follow these steps without having your device connected to the PC.

Follow the instruction that appears in the program and do not connect your device until this guide tells you how to connect it.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 119 of 140
Message 119 of 140

I had connected my phone as the instructions given by pcc... connected phone when pcc told to connect then pcc recognised device and update process completed... Pcc told Your Device is updated successfully pls unplug and restart it... But there are no changes in my phone...
Regular
Message 120 of 140
Message 120 of 140

Pls provide process for downgrade android from lollipop to kitkat